kato insulated unijoiners

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by joe zarnitz, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. joe zarnitz

    joe zarnitz New Member

    what are they used for ? do ineed them in the kato layout called big 4---page 10 of kato unitrack catalog.
  2. billk

    billk Active Member

    I'm guessing they're just Kato's version of insulated rail joiners. If so, they're used to electrically isolate sections of track. You'd want to to this, for instance, to a siding so you could park one locomotive and then operate another. Some track formations, like reversing loops and turning wyes, require that they be used to prevent short circuits.

    I'm not familar with the layout you mentioned. If you post a track diagram or a description, maybe we can figure out if you need them.
  3. rcwatkins

    rcwatkins Member

    I'm new to N scale MRR'ing as well. I have been thinking about using unitrack.

    Joe, what part of TN are you from?
  4. joe zarnitz

    joe zarnitz New Member

  5. rcwatkins

    rcwatkins Member

    I live on the other side of the state. No LHS's here. :(
  6. CSX6638

    CSX6638 Member

    Send Kato an Email at www.katousa.com and ask them your question, the last time I contacted them they answered me fairly promptly, with a diagram and a list of the parts that I needed.
  7. wendell

    wendell Member

    there also a kato untrack useser group athttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/KatoUnitrack/?yguid=89302143

Share This Page