Kato C44-9W

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by BorgCubeAT, Nov 26, 2003.

1. BorgCubeAT

BorgCubeAT New Member

Can anyone tell me how many and the order in which these locos were released by Kato?
  2. Hoss

Hoss Member

THIS link will list them all, but you're not allowed to get any until I finish getting all the ones that I want. ;)

Okay...so I thought it would. Click on N Models at the top and then scroll down on the left side until you find GE C44-9W. It lists all of the releases and which locomotives were released in each one.
  3. Agatheron

Agatheron Member

Any N-scale Dash 9 with CN on the side is in my interest! ;) Then again, so are Gp9's, SD40-2's, Sd70/75I's... All those really hard-to-find ones that make up the prototype that runs past my house ;)
  4. lock4244

lock4244 Member

Agatheron, I have 4 Kato N scale C44-9W's factory painted for CN but without any road numbers. I would be interested in parting with the body shells... but only if I can get replacement undecorated shells.

5. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Kato has the Undec's on sale for $15.00 at the KatoUSA website.
    Ya'll missed the extra special sale last month for $8.00.:cry:

That's the whole shell, with glass, rails, etc.
  6. lock4244

lock4244 Member

The sale is for decorated only. Undecorated is US$32. Seems a tad on the steep side.

7. Agatheron

Agatheron Member

Very Tempting... Although I'd also have to find a C44-9W motor etc. to go underneath those shells ;)
  8. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Bummer! They changed that, too.
    Last month i picked up one undec'd for the $8.
    Sorry! Thought i was helping.:eek:
  9. lock4244

lock4244 Member

Well, at least now I know I have to keep an eye on their website incase they mark them down again... I need four, which at the price you paid is four for the price of one! To bad this thread wasn't started a month ago.