KATO bridge

stary

I'm in the midst of assembling a WALTHERS double-track truss bridge, but the peices are so warped, I've decided to give up and get a new one. I've been looking at the KATo bridge, as I've heard good things about it. But the only problem is, the track is in it already. So, is it easy to remove? If so, how do I do it? If not, then how would I join it to Code 80 flex-track, in N scale?

cpr_paul

It's a bit fiddly, but it is not that hard to take the track out. I can't remember exactly how I did it now...probably used a small chisel and craft knife. I took out the entire rail clip, so I had to build up the level of the girder slightly so my track wasn't "floating" across the bridge.

shamus

Registered Member
I moved this thread from photography here because it is a tech. question.
Now, about your problem, why not just remove the rail and insert you own rail removing the amount of ties which are on the bridge.

Shamus

fifer

The Kato Bridge is cd80 and all you need to do is measure where the bridge will go and cut out the flex and put the bridge in and side the joiners on.
Go to the Progress on the ACT RR in the N and Z Scale section . There are several pictures of my Kato Bridge there connected to Peco cd 55.
;) ;) :thumb: