Kato AC4400's

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
How many of us have these on reserve? I've been waiting for them for a long time, just wondering how many everyone has on order, or if you are just going to wait and take your chances that they won't sell out.

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
I don't really need any, as my layout is small, I model NS, and I'm waiting on the offical announcement of some new SD70's that Kato is doing in NS.

revjerwayne

Jul 9, 2002
Slater, Missouri
Visit site
I reserved 4: one CEFX, and three BNSF. That along with my previous orders of SD-70MACs (eight: three Execs and five H2s) should about have me ready for the poorhouse. Unless Kato comes out with some modern 4-axle stuff, then all bets are off. Of course, if LifeLike brings out the GP-60s in DCC ready form...

Jerry

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
rcwatkins said:
Hey, b28 82: congrats on your 1st 100 posts. ;)

Thanks. took me 7 months to get there... lets see how long it takes to get to 200... I tend to do more viewing then posting.

I forgot to add that 2 of my 4 purchases will be BNSF H2 scheme and the other 2 will either be 2 UPs or a UP and a CEFX.

I have to stop collecting locomotives and start collecting more rolling stock for them to pull !! :)

These are just some of the locos on my roster:-
(and because mine is a freelanced railroad, each new purchase means a lot of work dissassembling, masking, painting, lettering and reassembling)

Attachments

• N Locos (5).jpg
    N Locos (5).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 688

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm thinking my next layout it would be cool to model a freelanced railroad. Then I could have what ever locomotives and rolling stock I wanted. There are alot of locos I would like to get, but CP doesn't have that diverse of locomotive roster, mainly AC4400's, SD90's, SD40-2's, GP38-2's and Gp9's, that makes up about 95% of it in those 5 different types. Yep, maybe the next layout will be freelanced! Everytime I see pictures of your fleet, it makes me jelous!

That's exactly why I decided to freelance Mike.

I guess I'm just a big kid, but I like to let my imagination add to the enjoyment of my hobby.

By freelancing I can do whatever my imagination dreams up, use whatever equipment I damn well please and run things exactly the way *I* want 'cause it's MY railroad! :)

It is also rewarding to see your very OWN railroad livery appearing on an ever-expanding roster of equipment.

I recommend it.

Gavin

engineshop

Apr 29, 2003
San Rafael, CA USA
www.engineshop.org
I got 3 undecorated AC4400 that I will custom paint in SP colors since I really don't care about the small difference between the UP and SP models. Of course Kato could deceide to issue the SP AC4400 next month that's life.
Those anybody have an idea where I can get some really "close" close-ups of the different warning stickers on a AC4400.
Thanks
Roland
www.engineshop.org