Karemma Merchant Vessel - just a bit bigger ;)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by D-WHALE, Mar 13, 2014.

1. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

after a loooooooooong time i start a ne build report about a Star Trek model!
    a "thank you" to linweseregon; she gaves me the right kick to do it!

About the ship: it is not the original physical model from "DS9", but it is possible that it was the CGI model in the series! on the screen captures of the CGI model at Ex-Astris you can not really see the ship!
    fact is, that the ship was also used for other races and (a funny sidenote) it was also used in "Firefly"!

like my friends and followers at Facebook knows, i´m nearly done like i show now ;) !

First up i start with the texturing progress rendertest1.jpg rendertest2.jpg rendertest3.jpg rendertest4.jpg rendertest5.jpg rendertest6.jpg rendertest7.jpg rendertest8.jpg
    linweseregon likes this.
  2. D-WHALE

the virtual model was finished and the "funny" part begun: UNFOLDING

Some peoples still think, that this is the easiest part, but it is much more than "push the unfold button"!

After the 6th (!!!) testbuild i had finally the right way to build the main body!

DSCI0256.jpg DSCI0257.jpg DSCI0258.jpg DSCI0259.jpg DSCI0260.jpg DSCI0261.jpg DSCI0262.jpg DSCI0263.jpg DSCI0266.jpg DSCI0265.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    linweseregon likes this.
  3. D-WHALE

some bigger (but not so easy) parts follow
    DSCI0267.jpg DSCI0268.jpg DSCI0270.jpg DSCI0277.jpg DSCI0272.jpg DSCI0275.jpg DSCI0273.jpg DSCI0276.jpg DSCI0279.jpg DSCI0280.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    linweseregon and zathros like this.
  4. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

The "CAD" Design part is the hardest. Unfolding is dependent on how you design it, this governs your design. It comes before, and during your design process. If it unfolds, it is because you have set the parameters, and shape to allow it to unfold. The computer just records what you are doing. All this you obviously understand very well. As far as computers go, Crap in = Crap out. :)
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@D-WHALE This looks like it is going to be another GREAT MODEL!!!
    With what you have posted so far, I can see that this model will GREAT fun to build and to greeble out.!!!

6. D-WHALE

more progress! I must say, that the ship looks also good without the two engines!
    DSCI0281.jpg DSCI0282.jpg DSCI0287.jpg DSCI0286.jpg DSCI0289.jpg DSCI0290.jpg DSCI0288.jpg
  7. Rhaven Blaack

This is coming together BEAUTIFULLY!!!
  8. linweseregon

linweseregon Well-Known Member

Absolutely superb! :)
  9. D-WHALE

nose wings and position lights!

Attached Files:

McCoy, linweseregon and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  10. Rhaven Blaack

This is a REALLY GOOD LOOKING model!
  11. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

WOW! Great progress!
  12. blueyeppoon

blueyeppoon Member

Fantastic model...build and design
  13. D-WHALE

now the two engines!
    maybe i should explain, that i use for some parts thick cardboard! it calls "Finnpappe", but i have no idea what´s the name in english! here a german wiki site:

i use this cardboard with 0,9mm thickness! it is very smooth and easy to cut! better than grey cardbord of package material!

DSCI0301.jpg DSCI0304.jpg DSCI0305.jpg DSCI0306.jpg DSCI0307.jpg DSCI0308.jpg DSCI0309.jpg DSCI0310.jpg DSCI02550.jpg DSCI02560.jpg
    Cforrest900 likes this.
  14. D-WHALE

more.... DSCI02570.jpg DSCI02580.jpg DSCI02590.jpg DSCI02600.jpg DSCI02620.jpg DSCI02630.jpg DSCI02650.jpg
    Cforrest900 likes this.
  15. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

This looks phenomenal!! Great work
  16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I really can't wait for this to be released. I don't usually build alien ships, but I will be printing and building this as soon as I can.
  17. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

what scale is this in D-WHALE? I'm considering scaling it down to 1/6000 to go with my micro fleet
  18. D-WHALE

@Paragon you must wait like all others until i upload the files! i will also upload an other model before this here!!!

@Cforrest900 like always 1/1700! the most parts should possible to build in the smaller scale, but maybe not the pod and the engine! :confused:
    Cforrest900 likes this.
  19. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

ok! good to know
  20. D-WHALE

the next is the pod on the underside! if you dont be carefull and follow the steps, you will fail! it was the 3rd attempt, easier but better to build!

Attached Files:

Cforrest900 likes this.