Kancho's free collection

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

For thoe who haven't visited his site yet...

Kancho just added some superb planes to his free collection:

Lockheed F-104G Starfighter (1/72, 2 versions)
    McDonnell F2H-3 Banshee (1/72 & 1/48 )
    Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina (1/72, 6 versions)
    Curtiss SC-1/2 Seahawk (1/72)
    Chance Vought F4U Corsair (1/72)
    Nakajima B5N1/2 Kate (1/72, 3 versions each)
    Lavochkin La-5 (1/72 & 1/48 )

enjoy :wink:
  2. 46rob

46rob Member

He's added these to his free collection because they no longer meet his high standards. While you're scoooping up some "freebies", why not lay out a couple bucks and get one of his newer and really superb current models? Free stuff is great--but if we don't support these guys with an occasional "buy"--they might just find a new pastime to vent their creativity.
  3. Hans Christian

Well, I really want to buy models from designers such as Sir Kancho, but I'm having problems paying, first, paypal's service is not available in our country, second, my parents won't allow me to use a credit card, they say its too risky...

If given the resources, I'll gladly buy models from them (I really want Dr. Zarkov's OV-10 and Sir Nobi's C-130, along with many others), but for me, its not possible at this time... :cry:
  4. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

ML Card Models, who carries the OV-10, accepts also checks in USD.
    But you'll need to add $3.00 for the check processing.
  5. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

I'm still doing freebies because I want to get my skills to the point where they will do justice to the good commercial kits. I'm keeping track of the guys I'm getting freebies from, and when it's time I'll take them up on some of the payware kits.
  6. 46rob

46rob Member

You might be surprised by what a commercial kit offers in the way of building ease--and the nice thing about downloadable files is you can build 'em over and over again 'til you get it perfect--just like the freeware. I buy for no other reason that to keep the flow going. Never have built most. Just like to marvel over them and see what the designers did to get it the way it is.
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Plus, if you buy the digital kits, you can still build them, if you screw up, reprint

that is the benefit of digital kits.

granted that models from the big publishing houses might have subjects you want to build, you would still need to scan the kit in order to be able to reprint the parts if you screw up.

i do build a lot more free stuff because they might be easier, but i have started enough commercial kits, to feel ok with the build.

8. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

So most of you guys scan the printed kits? That sounds like a really good idea.

That's one big advantage over plastic since my wife won't let me get one of those $20,000 3d scanners :)
  9. Hans Christian

Unfortunately for me, I can't issue any checks yet, for I don't hold my savings in our bank (my dad has the control), another thing is, I don't know if (ever) the check from our bank will be payable internationally... :cry:
  10. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Friends, Guys

Don't look on this so seriously - it's only fun. Fun for you and fun for me and other like me. Of course money is a money, but they arent everithing.
    The money can't replace the pleasure of this large 24 foot version of my F-104 or of the letter received from some troop in desrts in Afgan whu says 'Guy, please finish yr Intruder faster, because I wish Her, but soon i'll be somewhere without I-Net connection'

Best regards and take it easy

11. Hans Christian

Well anyway sir, thanks for sharing your superb card models to us!
    I've got to tell you this, I'm very impressed at your PBY-5A, and my hands are getting itchy right now to build it! Well I have to finish the LHVCC Gemini-Titan though :wink:

Thanks again sir!!! :wink:
  12. Hans Christian

Woww.. Its no longer in his high standards... But then again, for me that level of complexity is only found in commercial kits... :shock:
  13. possm_23

possm_23 Guest

how do i get to kancho's collection please.......

14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ain't it nice to have all these great designers.........and that they are really nice people is what truly makes this a great hobby!

Thanks to all of the designers who have put their work out for free, and for designing great models that are really for great prices too! I to like Rob have bought more than I will ever build just so I can see what new one comes out next!

Hey Hans..........email me, or pm me. We need to talk.

Good people make this a GREAT hobby!