Kadet LT-25

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by henning88, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henning88

henning88 New Member

I have just completed an lt-25 and my radio is due to be here tomorrow. However i have noticed that although everything else is perfectly straight and aligned, my stabalizer is somwhat uneven (as in one side of the stabalizer is closer to the ground by about a 1/4 inch). <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>> That is a back view of my plane if
    ------~~~~~~ you use your imiganation. I was wondering if this is goin to matter on a plane this size and if it does matter how i could fix it. Please reply if someone knows! Thanks.
  2. henning88

henning88 New Member

Sorry about that diagram, it came out different after i posted it.\
  3. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

You know the same thing happened to my sons LT25 when I built it. I wouldn't worry about it. The plane flys fine and we actually had the plane for quite a while before I even noticed it. We still have the plane and use it for a warm up plane because its such a nice flyer. You may want to consider upgrading the wheel bolts to axles and wheel collars. I found the nuts were suddenly coming loose on the bolts and rubbing against one of the wheels. Makes it really hard to steer that way!
  4. henning88

henning88 New Member

Thanks alot there fastsky, your the man. Im glad to know that it poses no problem because it had me worried there for a while and im bout ready to go fly it. And thanks for the other advice too.
  5. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

No problem, have fun!!
  6. henning88

henning88 New Member

Do you think the LT-25 is a good easy flying enough plane for me to go out and fly it alone? I have little expierence with a 1/2a plane i built but never had much luck with it because my servos were in bad condition and the wind just blew it all over the place. I was curious about stability, air speed, and the self correcting ability of this plane as well. Im running a newly broke in LA 40 which i heard could power it at 1/2 throttle at a steady learner pace.
  7. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

My advise, find an RC club and get out there and talk to the members. A 40LA will power the plane just fine and the plane is quite stable but I wouldn't recomend it as a "go it alone" type plane. The plane is quite frisky for a trainer and faster than a larger trainer such as the LT40. This means it is more responsive and handles the wind better. This really helps the transition to the 2nd plane but also means for a couple of flights at least, you should buddy box it with an experienced flyer. Most R/C clubs provide free training with experienced Instructors so why would you want to risk breaking your new plane?? Theres also a safety issue here. With a 40LA on the front the plane can take off in about 20' and cruise at about 40 mph. If you don't know how to fly it and get it back on the ground safely someone could get hurt. An Instructor will teach you lots of things that you need to know. For example did you know that most engines will run fine on the ground but unless its adjusted properly it will immediatly quit as soon as you get the plane about 30' up?? This is called a deadstick and now you have a plane up in the air with no engine running!! You have a good start so why ruin it by crashing your plane?? Mean time go to a free flight sim page called FMS and download it. Its a great way to get practice without costing you anything!! Follow the link below. http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html:D
  8. henning88

henning88 New Member

Thanks again! You are a very helpful and kind person. I really appreciate your advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.