K Line Shay ???

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by steampossum, Mar 26, 2005.

1. steampossum

steampossum New Member

K Line Shay---Has anyone bought one ?? They look great---one question not on K lLines web is the the height of the shay-- as I have a Lionel 213 Bridge -with a 4 1/2" clearance--I own a K line Mikado and 2 K Line switcer sets --K Lines diecast models have great detail and corner marker lights, smoke etc. --are MTH and Lionel worth the $300+ more for a Shay --Thanks--Possum----P.S.--the switcher set with 6 ore cars is only $99 at Trainworld --worth looking at -or Western Depot has more various lines /colors.
  2. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

i dont have one but i have seen them , they look very nice but the price it kind of expencive
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Love Those Shays!

I also would love to have one of those K-Line Shays, but they're a tad pricy for what is a "secondary" scale for me. At half to a third the price of a Lionel Shay, however, they're a good deal.

Some time, however......[​IMG]
  4. steampossum

steampossum New Member

Well, after looking at prices of On 30 Bachmann Shays --$150 at Trainworld--I've decided to buy an On set of track and the On 30 Bachmann Shay and loop that "logging track" around my current O track setup-- I will spend one fith of the cost of a full O scale Shay--the Bachmann is 7" long -the K line is 10 "long --as shays were much smaller than most other steam engines I think visually this will work on the layout. Can anyone tell me --can you get sound --puffing/chuff etc. on an On 30 Shay??---Possum