K-Line by Lionel order?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by JoeGrapes, Oct 29, 2007.

1. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

I ordered a set of heavyweight NYC passenger cars that were in the new catalog back in Aug. The dealer said they would ship them as soon as they came in some time around Sept. Well, I called the other day and they weren't in from the factory yet. Being new, this is the first time I wanted to buy anything from the Lionel catalog. Is this normal? I thought I could look in the catalog and buy what I wanted, I guess it dosen't work that way?
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Sometimes it may take up to a year after its in the catalog before they actually make it. And sometimes even longer. That's why the Chines have their own calender!sign1
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

For the most part every company is a little late. I didn't take the time to check the Lionel web site to see when your release date is. You may want to do that.

I ordered a K-Line TMCC diesel back in March with a release date of Oct/Nov of this year. So you can figure it will take about 10 months from the date it was on the catalog until it is I get the diesel.

I ordered a MTH diesel back in July with a release date sometime next year. So it is common on some items.
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Nick Ladd of K-Line was at the TCA openhouse and he said that they were concentrating on getting the superstreets shipped as they had a lot of orders for this and also hoping to ship the circus stuff yet this year, net expecting much else before Christmas. At least that is how I remember it.

5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

sometimes things never make it into production at all , if the orders are not there,

my LHS has had super streets ordered for there own layout for over 2 years i think the guy said, they still have not gotten it.
  6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i ordered a MTH flatcar with 2 motor homes on it in the middle of FEB, i just got it today.