K&B 3.5 Outboard failure, NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Cameron351, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron351

Cameron351 New Member

Hello all,
    I am hopeing to find someone that knows about outboards here. I know very little about these other than they go fast and operate simular to an aircraft engine. Here's my problem: I lost a bearing in my K&B 3.5 motor and one ball went through the engine causing a great deal of dammage aprox $150 in parts. I decided to buy a new engine for around $190 with a factory waranty instead of making the major repair. When I called K&B I found they would not be in production of the stock version until early 04. My boat has been broke for a week and I am already missing it, so I don't want to wait until next year! K&B say's they will have the new 3.5 high power motor out next month however I am not sure what to do? My boat runs well with the stock motor so I wanted to run the same combo(may be my ignorance speaking here). I have been doing a bit a looking around and found a Rossi power head that will bolt on my good lower unit, or at least it sounds that way. Can someone with some experience please help me out!!!! I am sure if I make the call by myself; I will get it wrong! I have bad luck hince(the bearing failure). What I am looking for some advice to get my boat up and running quickly with something reliable.
    Thank you all in advance.

[file]Prather_1.jpg,3637,,0[/file]
  2. woodbw

woodbw New Member

There is replacement powerheads (engine) made by Rosi and CMB. These are expensive high performance engines that I can easily say would out power the new K&B. Do you have a list of parts you require and some more info on the engine you have. Crank Size? There are a lot of sources for parts some used from other boaters in clubs all around. I have a spare powerhead a few crankshafts and sources for other parts at a good price.
    Brad
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.