K&B 3.5 Outboard failure, NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Cameron351, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron351

Cameron351 New Member

Hello all,
    I am hopeing to find someone that knows about outboards here. I know very little about these other than they go fast and operate simular to an aircraft engine. Here's my problem: I lost a bearing in my K&B 3.5 motor and one ball went through the engine causing a great deal of dammage aprox $150 in parts. I decided to buy a new engine for around $190 with a factory waranty instead of making the major repair. When I called K&B I found they would not be in production of the stock version until early 04. My boat has been broke for a week and I am already missing it, so I don't want to wait until next year! K&B say's they will have the new 3.5 high power motor out next month however I am not sure what to do? My boat runs well with the stock motor so I wanted to run the same combo(may be my ignorance speaking here). I have been doing a bit a looking around and found a Rossi power head that will bolt on my good lower unit, or at least it sounds that way. Can someone with some experience please help me out!!!! I am sure if I make the call by myself; I will get it wrong! I have bad luck hince(the bearing failure). What I am looking for some advice to get my boat up and running quickly with something reliable.
    Thank you all in advance.

2. woodbw

woodbw New Member

There is replacement powerheads (engine) made by Rosi and CMB. These are expensive high performance engines that I can easily say would out power the new K&B. Do you have a list of parts you require and some more info on the engine you have. Crank Size? There are a lot of sources for parts some used from other boaters in clubs all around. I have a spare powerhead a few crankshafts and sources for other parts at a good price.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.