JV Models Lucas sawmill

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
J.R. Booth needs a new sawmill, the old is run down. Under logging and mining
you can see the new sawmill McCabe.
For some reason logging and mining etc; is down.

Bill

Attachments

• lucas1.jpg
    lucas1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 16
  • lucas11.jpg
    lucas11.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • lucas7.jpg
    lucas7.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 12
  • lucas8.jpg
    lucas8.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 15
  • lucas9.jpg
    lucas9.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • lucas10.jpg
    lucas10.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Excellent work Bill. Thank you for sharing it.
Extremely well detailed and weatherd.
Could you please elaborete about your weathering techniques? are you using acrylic paints, pastels or both ?

Is it for a diorama ?

Jacques

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
It is not for a diorama. I build my models on hard cardboard so I can detail them at the work table, then I glue them to the module. The light gray is Age-It Easy by Micro-Mark. The brown detail over the light gray is dark brown
leather dve mixed with alcohol. The very dark gray is my on mix of India Ink and alcohol. For the rust look, I like to use Model Tech Studios Rusting Solution.
After the inside was finished,I scraped some light yellow chalk over all the junk, then used a soft brush to spread around.

Thank you for the compliments.
BIll

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
It is not for a diorama. I build my models on hard cardboard so I can detail them at the work table, then I glue them to the module. The light gray is Age-It Easy by Micro-Mark. The brown detail over the light gray is dark brown
leather dve mixed with alcohol. The very dark gray is my on mix of India Ink and alcohol. For the rust look, I like to use Model Tech Studios Rusting Solution.
After the inside was finished,I scraped some light yellow chalk over all the junk, then used a soft brush to spread around.

Thank you for the compliments.
BIll

Thank you Bill for taking some of your valuable time to detail your weathering procedure.
So the way I understand it you use both liquid weathering "agent" and pastels , right ?

So far I weathered my rolling stock but didn't try to weather my structures ( except for the bridges on my switching layout ).

I hope you'll post some pictures of your future weathering projects.

P.S. Are you from Québec city or from the province of Québec ? ( I live in St. Laurent, part if the Montréal island ).

Jacques

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
I live in Luskville QC, a little town 30 miles from Ottawa in Pontiac county.
I sometime use washes of paint. The McCabe sawmill project, all the walls were sprayed with a light gray first, then spray or brush on the main color .
After, take fine sandpaper and sand off some of the paint.I have no tried and true system on weathering. What ever my brain tells me how that would look, is the way I try to make it look. I do read books on weathering to get ideas.
I take pictures of tin roofs, old buildings, logs, trees, landscapes, etc.

Have fun Bill

willy4

Jan 17, 2008
Que Canada
I don't have a layout Mike. These kits are for my N-trak module.
When I have completed the module, I will send lots of pictures.

Bill