Justice Served, Texas Style!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Amazyah, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

I wondered what that was. MP. I was a 6531 F-4 Ordnance Tech, USMC.

When I go off active duty, I applied to the Colorado State Patrol. I didn't make it past their initial psych screening. Seems I was too idealistic in my thinking that bad people should be punished. Oh, well. Like you, I'm glad there are people out there that are willing to do the job. Its just too bad they don't get the support thet deserve/require to be effective.

Semper Fi!
  2. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

according to some research i did years ago (early 90's) Texas would rank 10th in the world as far as per capita business-wise on our own. while Texas did retain it's right to secession when it originally joined the union, many argue that right was lost after it re-joined the union after the war of northern aggression....
    Texas does have a right to maintain it's own armed forces.... this is rarely done. last time i heard of it happening was when the late john tower commissioned a chartered italian cruise ship into the texas navy for the statue of liberty anniversary. only naval vessels were allowed in proximity in new york harbor.
  3. 46rob

46rob Member

Police forces, as we know them today--are a relatively modern concept. Until the middle of the ninteenth century--a person was expected to be able to defend himself against agression. Wht police forces that exised were more of a constabulary--there to arrest and detain for trial. One of the reasons that our Constitution's first ammendment guaranteed the right of the people to possess arms. In this modern day- with populations high--it's nearly impossible for the police to respond quickly enough to prevent one from bodily harm...hence the need to be ready to defend one's home and family. Texas isn't the only state with laws designed to protect a person who ha to use deadly force to protect his family. More states are realizing that law enforcement can only be in so many places at once, and that there will be occasions in which a citizen will have to usel egitimate force against a threat. thopse states that have enacted 'rightto carr' laws have seeen a decrease in the amount of armed violence...as the bad guys never know who might be armed and might resist.
  4. Maurice

Maurice Member

... and of course you merely forgot to mention that that was in no way a political statement ...
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I don't see anything political in Rob's post.
    He is merely stating History and facts.:)

6. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Actually, wean split into 3 states if we want. That's from the treaty between the Republic of Texas and the US when Texas joined the US.

ARMORMAN Guest

Colorado cop story:

I live in NW Indiana. A guy in my IPMS club was doing ride time with the county police (trying to get on the force). He and the OOD spotted this guy doing 95 down a local highway, gave chase and stopped him. He has no liscence. They asked him the usual questions ("do you have any outstanding warrants," etc.). The guy says he's clean and they run a check and find out that there's an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court. Colorado is alerted. When they question him again, they find out it was a seat belt violation ($150). Here's the story:

Guy gets a pop at the 7-11. Gets in the car (in the lot), starts it, THEN puts on his seat belt. Officer comes over and taps on his window. Asks him to step out of the car and writes him a ticket for operating a vehicle without wearing a seat belt (or something like that). Guy thinks this is nuts, and leaves the state to work here.

Anyway, when my friend and the OOD find this out, they contact the Colorado PD to ask them if they just want them to collect the money and let the guy go as it is so little. The CPD responds "Evidently you don't take your laws or criminals seriously, but we do!"

So they fly two police officers to Indiana to pick up this guy and fly him back to meet justice.

"Light travels faster than sound, that's why people appear bright until they speak." -unknown
  8. jparenti

jparenti Member

Armorman-- That is ridiculous. I'm a dispatcher at a sheriff's office in Illinois, and I've had quite a few officers write seat belt tickets, but not when the vehicle is parked! If the Colorado taxpayer knew this was how their money was being spent, they'd be furious. We usually extradite for failure to appear in court, felonies, and the like, which they would have to do if he didn't show up in court. But no officer would write such a ridiculous ticket here, or I imagine my boss would severely reprimand them! :)
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Sounds like you have a good boss. I knew a few that thought writing tickets for stupid crap like that was fun. Not many, but they were out there. Even the other cops gave them crap for it, though. You get those types in every job, though.... It's just too bad they tend to stand out so much in LE.

Plus, in most states, the car has to be in gear to be "operated". And a parking lot is private property, so unless the store called and complained, he was out of his jurisdiction. What a waste of everyone's time and money....
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

HooYah for Texas! All I can say about that. The LE thing is a very multi-personality animal. I work in an inner city Hospital ER, and have to deal with loads of butt-holes on a hourly basis. When the Police bring these animals in for "repair" and the animal gives me a load of crap, I sometimes just forget to report how the injuries occurred. I look at some of the LE guys and buy them a cuppa joe or something and congratulate them on having the ultimate self control and not just shooting the butt-hole. The state I work in Dealware has an interesting aspect on shooting someone. The charges of attempted murder are reduced to assault if you shoot someone below the waist. There's alot of damage that could be done to a wouldbe rapist under that aspect!
  11. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

in Texas, law enforcement doesn't usually have jurisdiction for minor driving offences on private property... that guy shouldn't have been going 95mph but i'll bet he'll beat that ticket in colorado if he tries. as they say, "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride!"

ARMORMAN Guest

He was doing 95 so he would get home quicker and not get stopped for not having a liscence (go figure).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.