Just won a BLI SD40-2!!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Yep! For $106, I got a NIB Broadway Limited, SD40-2 sound and dcc/dc engine! Its in the C&NW paint scheme and i am excited! Now all i need is that command module for sound until i get my dcc hooked up! I will get pix for you guys as soon as it arrives, probably by next wednesday or thursday! Cannot wait to get this on my mainline!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
GLAD YOU DID GET IT JEFF!!!:thumb: :thumb: :D i knew you wanted it, and had my fingers crossed for ya!;) :D -Deano

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Well that certainly trumps my day,good job:thumb:!I only won a Atlas Master Silver C&NW 8-40C for $40 earlier today:rolleyes:.Actually I'm pretty happy about that,still you beat me by a bit.

You didn't happen to win this from a user named Carshopper did you?I've been keeping an eye on his auctions hoping to get a deal on the same model,but it's always around $130 when I look.

Chris

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
CRED, i seen that same loco, but i figured, one loco at a time! haha I really want a 8-40b for some odd reason, hopefully in the NS Scheme. I see one around my area a lot. kinda neat. Dark Curves, yeah i seen them AC6000CW's. amazing looking model. If i am happy with BLI's sd40-2, i may just start buying their locos from now on. Hopefully once i get dcc installed, it will run smoothly with my proto2k SD60 NS!

Deano, thanks man, and if it wasnt for your modeling photos, i may never have bought this engine. I always liked seeing the CNW come thru on its rare visits behind a trio of NS dash 9s but i may never have bought one till i looked at all you had and seen the true beauty of the CNW and its locos! thanks again!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Quick question, i believe the loco has a QSI sound system in it..well i know it has sound, but i believe its quantam, anyways, what do i need to unlock the sound from my engine while i run it on DC track for the moment?? Will the Atlas QSI Commander work? thanks for any info on this!

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Btw Chris, yes i did! Carshopper has some nice models. For some reason this was priced at 99. someone bid 105, i bid 106 and no one else bid after that!! If i like his service i may keep an eye on all the locos he puts up on ebay. Hes got a really good rating so i figure hes a man of his word.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
NSES44DC said:
Quick question, i believe the loco has a QSI sound system in it..well i know it has sound, but i believe its quantam, anyways, what do i need to unlock the sound from my engine while i run it on DC track for the moment?? Will the Atlas QSI Commander work? thanks for any info on this!
Get yourself a Quantum Engineer,Atlas and BLI make them and they work very well.You just wire it between your powerpack and the track and you'll get all the sounds and other neat functions such as braking and shutdown.I can't wait to use it with my BLI AC6000.

I have actually won a couple engines from him,I got a C&NW E7 for $99 and loved it.It really worked well with the Quantum Engineer.

here's a picture of my AC6000 by the way,beautiful engine and heavy as hell....
tn_Chris004.jpg

Chris

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
TruckLover said:
WOW that is a AWESOME deal. Beat me to, I got a Atlas Master Silver BNSF Dash 8-40B for $48.00.

Congrats bounce7
I just won a 8-40BW the other day in BNSF Heritage scheme,it cost me $57 which isn't too bad.So an average of about $48.50 for two Atlas Master Silver engines is pretty good I think.

Chris

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
love the engine Chris, the Ac6000cw is beautiful. I wanted a SP version of it...just i dont really have that modern of an era of trains. Tho, what the heck, I might as well throw one in and have fun!! You only live once and im far from a rivet counter!! I work in Medina and constantly get stuck by a wheeling and lake erie SD..I just seen that BLI makes one in that scheme. I think it may be my next engine..then probably that SP unit!