Just Weird

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Just weird is about how I can explain what just took place. We heard a large thump light a compression on our steel roof, the windows rattled and the air conditioner was knocked in by the computer that I sit by.

My first reaction was together the family to the middle of the house then run for the gun. I then turned the lights on and call my neighbor on to be somewhat relieve that they heard the same noise at 3/4 of a mile away. As it turns out everyone had the same experience up to two miles from the farm.

At this time I have no explanation but living only 7 miles from the 911 Pa crash site it is so weird. My wife just got more calls to check if we are all right. Like I said this is just weird with no clear explanation of what went on.

Man my hands are still shaking I think this is the first time I ever had a gun in my hand for the purpose of protection.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
We have a powder metal plant near by the arm. They had an industrial accident when something interacted with water. I just call it an explosion. In any event there was no injuries or structure damage to the building.

I'm sure it had to blow some doors and windows out of the plant but than god there were no injuries because this is a small town and many of the workers are my friends.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
The Stony Creek Plant, located at Hollsopple, PA, is the world's most integrated production resource for atomized iron and steel powders. Built to facilitate easy output growth, Stony Creek offers better flexibility, quality and potential to America's manufactures.
From product range to development capability, from technical service to dedicated
customer support, everything North American Höganäs does delivers the Lowest
Total Cost for the customer.

North American Höganäs High Alloys LLC, Johnstown, PA

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I wonder what the heck caused it.
I cna't imagine a building not having structural damage when the reprocusion was felt 5 miles away...... :eek:

A

ARMORMAN

If atomized iron based powders are anything like aluminum powder, it can explode.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
wow,that was weird! i couldn't imagine that place still being there unless it was a flash fire sucking O2 out of the air.that can cause massive percussions.trust me,I've seen it happen.the air is sucked out leaving a "gap" in the air,so it collapses in on itself causing a massive THUMP!!!.it behaves the same way as jumping in a pool.you displace water,it will collapse on the whole you made.--josh