Just Testing

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Nice shots Tyson, and I see you've got the hang of it already! :) .
The Pallet Co looks real good. I meant to say so in your S&B thread. Glad you put another in here.
These digital cams sure are convenient huh?

Errol

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Tyson, as an ole guy please what is a 401k to cash in mean?:confused:
Also please tell us what make of digital camera did you get?
Great pictures and now we can expect a lot more pictures of your excellent railroad

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Errol the cameras are handy but there is a learning curve I still have to conquer. Mike, Macon is the actual name of the county the railroad would be located in in real life. Although there is that play on words that I didn't realize at the time. Robin I don't know what a 401k is anymore either. The camera is a Kodak DX3700. has 1X, 2X, 3X zoom, flash, manual and auto focus, 3.1 megapixels, 8MB internal memory and can use memory cards also, will work with a docking station (don't have one of those), 37mm lens, Macro, optical and LED viewfinders, tripod mount, video out and uses a USB port. Was on sale at Walmart for $247.88.

Digital The Only Way To Go

Great Railroad Tyson, Very Realistic, you're quite an artistic chap
if you don't mind me saying so. Try to get a shot of the whole layout, unless you got one of them thar 20,000 sq/ft layouts. :D The picture quality is very good, If I may, I found that digital's are much harder to hold steady than an analog type camera, and there are pistol grip bracket's on the market for $19.95, and what a differance it will make. :cool: I Bought my Grip from www.d-store.com :eek: Have fun with the new digital, but don't ignore the "Route of the Noonday Sun" They can get tempramental ya know. :D :D AT&SF Duey

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site

Robin:

401(k) is like an RRSP, but with a lot of employer input in it.
In the news lately, because ENRON had their employees invest their 401(k) in ENRON stock. 401(k) is a subsection of the US income tax act.

(RRSP=Registered Retirement Savings Plan)

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Mattyro: a 401K is what we refer to as an employer-funded RSP here in Canada. When you leave a company, it usually gets flipped into a self-directed RSP (self-directed 401K), which you then have total control over. If you work just long enough at a bunch of places, then leave, you end up with a sizable fund under your own control, instead of the typically useless RSP committee. :D

PS - seventeen more months until vesting !!!!

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Tyson, great detailing on the Macon pallet factory. Your digital picture sure brought out a lot more detail. Even noticed the overflowing dumpster in the parking lot.
Just an idea but are you using anything for the glass in your windows? I get good results using a stuff put out by Testors for windows 1/4" and smaller. It comes in one of their little odd shaped dispenser bottles with a purple label. The only thing on the bottle to identify it is "Clear Parts Cement & Window Maker". If you do use it, make a little puddle of it on a smooth surface. Using a toothpick, or I prefer a very tiny brush, you pick up a minute drop of it and place it the window opening. This involves a little practice, especially with larger openings. Like a soap bubble you have to coat all the edges and then it will fill in the opening. It goes on milky looking but dries clear. Looks great on smaller windows because it gives the appearance of individual panes of glass.

Attachments

• mvc-012s.jpg
    mvc-012s.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 77

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Nice pics, Tyson. These tobacco fields looks even better when you close! :cool:
An small tripod or clamp can be very useful for taking layout detail photos. You can give a look to the Cullmann set #1001 (if you can find one -I don't know if they are still making it). Well before the digital cameras, I purchased mine several years ago for less than $50, and it have become an invaluable tool for me.

And, please, keep the pics coming! :D (Now, you haven't excuse) :D

Attachments

• cullmann set #1001.jpg
    cullmann set #1001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 73

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
ALLRIGHT!!!
Tyson has gotten up close & personal now!!
Love the new view of the farm!:cool: :cool: :cool:
This is great, man!
Can't wait to see lots more of 'em!

(sorry you're not gonna get to retire as soon as you thought, though! :D )

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I figured out my tripod for my 35mm also will fit the digital. planeshavings my layout is about 32 sq. ft., if you go to the n/z forum about halfway down on the first page is a photo overview of the whole thing. The thread is "The NM merges with the Great Stuff, etc. Bill right now I don't use anything for "glass" but I like your idea. All my buildings are removable and when most of the base scenery is done it's something I would like to do at that time. It's not high on my radar sceen now cause to the naked eye in n-scale on most buildings you can't tell(or at least with my eyesight I can't).

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Good piccies, Tyson. Dunno why a digital camera Co doesn't sponsor The Guage!! They'd sell heaps of 'em!!

Yep. Bill, I use exactly that stuff. Even windows on kit locos. Excellent for multi pane windows such as your pics.