Just playin' with my new camera...

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by shaygetz
I still have to work on my steady hand and lighting but I'm really pleased with how easy it is to use. A little harsh on the batteries but doable.

Do you use a tripod and what is the lighting you are using?

Shamus

shaygetz

I do have a tripod but haven't used it as yet. The best I can do in the lighting department is seen in one of the photos, my trusty but very tired desk lamp. Other than that, I use the flash on the camera. Any low tech, low cost advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Pfeil

Photographers will cringe, but I suggest three clamp on type reflectors, use standard incadescent bulbs. I'm sure those with more knowledge would disagree, but it seems to me that the digital camera, at least mine, aren't particularly sensitive to the type of light present. Certainly not like film cameras.

Gary

shaygetz

Well, Gary, I tried it with ONE reflector (no cost:p ) backlighting the subjects...

Attachments

• picnic.jpg
    picnic.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 69

shaygetz

The locomotive started from the antlers back. I was really just trying to help someone make a rack from scratch and got carried away...

Attachments

• climax.jpg
    climax.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 67

b28_82

you'll have to show me how you use these clamp on reflectors you refer to. I'm always looking for ways to make it look decent without sacrificing shutter speed. last i tried using the redeye reduction cause it uses both flashes and makes the picture look less flooded with light, but still lights the subject

shamus

Registered Member
My advice is not to use direct flash is it tends to burn out details. Use a small piece of white tissue paper over the flashgun. If you flashgun is a dedicated flash you can angle it towards the ceiling for bounce flash. Also you can alter the white balance in most digital cameras for incandescent lighting. So if you use Tungsten lights the photo will appear as normal.

Shamus

shaygetz

Originally posted by CCT70
Who made that lawnmower?

I build them from scrap flat styrene, bits of sprue and sliced styrene rod for the mower wheels topped off by bent wire push bars. The rider uses inverted shovels for a seat and wire bits for levers.

What a fabulous set of photographs of a fabulous narrowgauge layout ... me luvs em !!!!! :wave: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

You've captured all that endears such narrowgauge stuff to me.
You bounce off the walls with your camera while I bounce off the walls drooling over the detail. :) Wobblin Woodie just tickles me pink!!

Well done sir! :thumb:

Errol