Just one question

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Any of you Guys going to visit lil'ol England this year? If you are, I would be very pleased to show you the Badger Creek for the day.
Just a thought.

CSXFan

Feb 25, 2002
ohio
Visit site
re

Sorry shamus i'm not going over there. I was in the UK 2 years ago, and I loved it! The tube was a little scary for a small towner from the states:) . I want to go back though you have a lovely country.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Unfortunately (for me) I was there two years ago also, in London. I'd love to come back in a year or two. How far from London are you? I'd like to add that anyone in the North Jersey area can feel free to contact me and we can arrainge to get together. My layout is nothing like the Badger Creek, but whose is?

Gary

C

Catt

Paul,
I had planned a visit this summer to meet both you and Alan Curtis.Well it seems the heart had other ideas as you know.I'm hoping to make it over mid 2,003 if possible.

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Er... I don't like flying, don't like boats ... does AMTRAK go there ??

Or can I beam over, Scotty ...er... Miles...er...Paul ????

Would like to get over there SOMEDAY - just waiting on beaming technology (or a L-O-N-G train tunnel) !!!

;)

- George

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Shamus hope you keep that welcome mat out for several more years. England and the London area was my grandfathers home and I want to make the trip over the "Pond" within the next couple of years. Visiting you and seeing your museum quality layout would be a fantastic excursion. :)

Bill P

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
Been out of work since the end of January, so travel is definitely out of the picture for the immediate future, otherwise would be there in a heartbeat. Should the opportunity present itself, I'd Email you and arrange something.
By the same token, if you should find yourself having to waste some time stateside, in the Chicago area, I'd be happy to tour the local hobby shops with a guest. Meanwhile will continue to enjoy visiting the photos of the Badger Creek that you post from time to time.
Pete

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I'm in the same boat as Pete, but I'd travel over there just to see the layout!

The past few years a friend of our has been hosting a C. S. Lewis "tour" across Great Britain. She teaches English Literature at the university here in town (Sam Houston State), and C. S. Lewis and George Herbert are her specialties. Maybe once things pick up and we can afford it, we'll make the trip and I can stop by and meet you in person! :)

-Rory

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
Hey All,
Thanks so much for all the free accomodation offers.

My wife and I are planning a huge world-wide jaunt sometime in this century and your wonderful offers have touched my heart and wallet.

Kindly please forward all relevant addresses to my email so I can organise itinerary :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Just kidding but your obvious genorousity to other fellow railroaders is bloody marvellous)

Bruce

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Errol, I think that as long as you wear pants instead of a kilt, and check your bagpipes at the border they'd let you in! :)

I'm part Scottish, part Irish and part Cherokee. Do you think they'd let ME in? hehehehe

-Rory

P.S. - Why do I have a strange craving for haggis?

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Shamus: thanks for the offer, if it stands maybe next year. Plan on retiring from this job soon and we plan a trip to Scotland to look up some of the areas where relatives came from.
Many thanks, Ron.