Just joint the gang .... another web site invitation !

babbo_enzo

:wave: I'm just joint this forum, and browsing around, I've found arguments very intersesting for me. This's the reason why I register : try to participate to the best hobby in the word! I'm living in Italy now but I love US trains ( SP over all )

I want take the occasion too to invite anybody ( sorry is only a "virtual" drink ) to give a try to my web-site, just to discover something about me and my trains.

http://xoomer.alice.it/enzo_fortuna/Home.htm

I appreciate any comments ( better if "civil" ?? ) and suggestion : use the guestbook or mail. The site will be progressing and I will like if this work is usefull to somebody else too.
My best wishes to all you , guys from Italy
Enzo Fortuna

enzo_fortuna@virgilio.it

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yes, and excellently put together site.:thumb::thumb:

And I also welcome you to the Gauge. From what I see, we can learn a lot from you.:wave: :wave:

Russ Bellinis

Welcome to the Gauge, Enzo. You don't have to worry about people not being civil on this site. One of the great things about the gauge is that we are a community of modellers who enjoy our hobby and our fellowship. I think you'll find some of the nicest people anywhere on the Gauge.

I looked at your web site, very nice! I noticed a citrus packing house in the San Jose part of yourlayout. Citrus is pretty much a Southern California fruit. It is very susceptible to frost. Near San Jose the farms grow a lot of apples in Watsonville near Santa Cruz, and in the Salinas valley we grow a lot of fruits and vegetables. The area is probably best known for lettuce, but brocolli, apricots, peaches, various berries, cherries, & walnuts all grow in the area. On the San Francisco Peninsula Half Moon Bay out on the coast about half way between San Fran and San Jose was known for artichokes.

On your history page, you mentioned billboard reeferds being phased out and 36 foot cars disappearing in favor of 40 and 50 foot cars. There was one significant exception that can add a ot of color to your railroad. The meat companies, Armour, Rath, Swift, Morrell, & Hormel all operated private fleets of billboard reefers advertising their company's products. Theses meat reefers were always 36 foot cars, because the loading docks at the packing plants were built with loading doors spaced for 36 foot cars. The meat companies didn't want to change their warehouses, so they continued buying 36 foot cars through the 1950's when many went out of business and others went over to the trucking industry for transportation.

Gil Finn

Enzo, very well done, I like your page.

YOu especialy have done a good job on your structures.

Thanks for sharing.

ezdays

Out AZ way

babbo_enzo

Sorry Don, I've not noted the place for the site link.
Anyway thanks to all you for your warm compliments, and specially for the unvaluable notes about "lettuce" from Russ Bellinis ( remember I joke always: you may note this on my site too ) I appreciate ( now) a lot this kind of correction.... I never care about local products when I've lived in the area ( just 'cause I was jung ?)
THNKS AGAIN
ENZO

ezdays

Out AZ way
babbo_enzo said:
Sorry Don, I've not noted the place for the site link.
Anyway thanks to all you for your warm compliments, and specially for the unvaluable notes about "lettuce" from Russ Bellinis ( remember I joke always: you may note this on my site too ) I appreciate ( now) a lot this kind of correction.... I never care about local products when I've lived in the area ( just 'cause I was jung ?)
THNKS AGAIN
ENZO
Enzo,

No reason to be sorry. You're free to post links to your website anywhere on the Gauge. We have that one place you can post them though just so that someone looking for them will have them all in one place. The choice is yours.:)

We have but two restrictions regarding links. If you're personally selling some of your own equipment, that should be posted in Buy/sell/trade, and the second, you cannot post links to any auction sites, even in Buy/sell/trade. That's it, we're alway happy to see someone else's work, and yours is a delight to see.:thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Enzo,
Have I got some pictures for you! Several summers ago, my family and I spent a whole week chasing the Chama train every day. I love those old mudhens! In my first picture, if you look in my project tray, you can see that I am also trying to build a diorama of the coal tipple except mine is a kit. I have no patience to do it from scratch as you have. Nice job. My kit is Ho though and I wanted to purchase one of the new K-27's from Blackstone to place on the diorama... http://www.blackstonemodels.com/press/pic1_pr032406.htm The last two photos were taken looking at the tipple from ground level. I'm sure you have many already but thought I would share a couple more!
Also, check this thread for few more... http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=11162

Attachments

• DCP_3601.jpg
    DCP_3601.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DCP_2385.jpg
    DCP_2385.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DCP_2384.jpg
    DCP_2384.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 66

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge, Enzo:wave:

Nice web site you've put together...don't worry about your grasp of English, though. Not a whole lot of Americans use it very well either.:D

Pooh Bah
Buon giorno Enza.
Welcome to the gauge. Always assume that any criticism is kindly meant and intended to improve your modelling (or your English). If someone seems harsh, assume they're putting on a persona and trying to be funny.
We're always ready to learn about other railroads, and quite happy to share what we know.

(This seems to be my 3000th post. Would someone please send the key and map to the executive washroom?)