Just joined!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by eddie01, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie01

eddie01 New Member

Have to sat that this is one great website, appreciate all the info on getting started in this hobby of card models!

Got a couple of easy models to try out first, then its on to the Halinski stuff! Well, maybe not that fast,lol

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! What models did you pick out for your first? :)
  3. eddie01

eddie01 New Member

I dled these 2 tanks from here-

I swear I saw these 2 as a digital downlad too, for about $4 or $5 a piece? But not sure if they are the same? Instructions are a bit confusing though, so might try something else.

Since we live pretty much in the same area, any help with what type of paper to get would be appreciated. Read some threads here, but since we have so many members from around the world, still a bit confused on that. Hopefully the paper I need will be something easy to find,lol
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy eddie01 and welcome to the Cardmodel forums! [​IMG]
    Glad you found us! Best darn forum on the Internet!

If you saw those 2 tanks for sale, that was a pirate site.
    If you ever find it again, contact the people at the link in your post and forward it to them so they can take appropriate action.

As far as paper goes, if you have a Wal-Mart nearby, your in luck, for a start anyway.
    They have 110lb card stock, 150 sheets for about $5.
    That will build an awful lot of models!
    I get my 65-67lb card from Office Depot. It's a little thinner and easier to work with.
    The 110lb is a lot sturdier and is also great when making formers.
    Halinski models are spot on and they call for 1mm formers.
    When you laminate 3 sheets of the Wal-Mart stuff together with spray adhesive
    and then apply the former parts sheets to it, it will be almost exactly 1mm thick.
    If you can't find the answers you seek, just give a holler in the most appropriate section you can find.
    Someone will come along and give you a helping hand eventually, usually pretty quickly.:twisted:

Don't forget to show off some of your stuff!
    Hope you have a digital camera. We love pictures here! [​IMG]
    See ya around the forums and again, welcome!

5. eddie01

eddie01 New Member

Thanks for the help! Knowing where and what to get as far as paper goes, is a big step in learning more about this hobby.

I'll make sure to ask questions in the appropriate sections too!:thumb:

Can't wait to get started!:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.