Just got a Proto2000 SAL E7

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Hey guys I just got my Proto2000 SAL E7 in the other day, and it runs like a beauty.:)
I'm going to put a Decoder in it later, but for now I still have my layout to finish and a space to clean. It's highly detailed, and has Mars lighting which is exellent for it's type.
This is the coolest SAL streamlined engine I have ever gotten. Most Iv'e gotten were SAL
freight units.

MyE79.jpg

MyE77.jpg

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
I've got 2 of their E6's, and IC and ACL, and love the look of them. But I did make 1 change, and that was to remove the front coupler and change the pilot to the enclosed one, didn't like the open look of it.:thumb:

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Thoroughbreed said:
I've got 2 of their E6's, and IC and ACL, and love the look of them. But I did make 1 change, and that was to remove the front coupler and change the pilot to the enclosed one, didn't like the open look of it.:thumb:

It came with the coupler doors for the front, and I will add them later. I don't like the open look either unless I'm double heading the unit.

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Sean, that is one beautiful diesel! I always liked the curve of the roofline and of the windshields. Those were indeed, fine looking engines.--------John

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Thanks yall for the comments. It is truely one of the most beautiful engines I have ever seen. I have dreamed about getting one of these ever since I started modeling this prototype. It hauls really good, and I'm thinking about getting another.:thumb: :)

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Gorgeous engines, those...

Tom, you haven't had a chance to take it out of the box...???!!! Did the house burn down..?? An alien invation..?? You gonna clean the PA interstate..??
The FIRST thing to do when you get an engine (car, structure, whatever...etc.) IS to take it out of the box and onto the track...!!!:D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Gus

I couldn't. The tracks were covered with scenery materials.:cry: :eek:ops:

I cleared about half the tracks tonight and took the E7A out of the box. I removed the front coupler and installed the coupler cover. I ran it back and forth on the part of the layout that was clear. It ran great! :thumb: I got to get those boxes of foliage off the layout soon.

Pictures later this weekend I hope.