Just found this site

Have a capacious basement, built 4'8 table and working on a DCC HO layout with my sons. A bit over ambitious, but laid out the track to be "expandable" in a modular kind of way, once we finish this table...

Only "DC" right now, with all the track and cars I had as boy, but hope to switch to DCC by the end of the year.

Still laying track right now. Apparently we will have to get all new switches (or can you modify the old ones to make them DCC friendly?), looking for info on what kind of controller to get, looking at different locos... would prefer the locomotive "ready to run" with sound and everything already installed, so we can get to modeling the layout, landscaping, models, etc. (I don't feel confident building the locomotive myself).

Hope to learn from you!

-KS

silveroxide

Welcome aboard, of the various paper-modeling sites, this one has a good community of railroad enthusiasts, There are many techniques on how to do layouts as well as the construction of terrain, buildings and electrical hook ups. If you have any questions on railroading, just go to that section, ask for help and you should get a response from one of the local train buffs here. Enjoy and see you around the forums.

Z

Zathros

I was looking at this website (link below) which has a "Wiki" about these type of questions. Didn't get too far, but there is a lot there.
Welcome to the forum by the way! I hope to see your work.

I was an N-scale person, though it's been a while and I just came across some HO stuff for FREE, my favorite word. :)

http://www.dccwiki.com/DCC_FAQ