Just for laughs

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
It is funny, how memory works. Now, without even thinking about it, lines from songs I did not hear for ages come popping up my mind :D :
"Lover please", Clyde McPhatter
"The Pover of Love", Huey Lewis and The News
"Hello Josephine", Jerry Lee Lewis
"Hobo Blues", John Lee Hooker

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How's about some Heavy Metal about some Heavy Metal?

Train of Consequences - Megadeth.

Night Train - Guns and Roses. <---well this one is actually about drinking but it does have the word "train" in its title.

:D

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
RobertInOntario said:
How about "The Last Train to Clarksville" by the best rock 'n' roll band ever, The Monkees?!
Rob
That was the first song listed.
And I think it's highly debatable whether or not the Monkees were the greatest rock-n-roll band ever. ;)

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cannonball said:
That was the fist shttp://www.the-gauge.com/images/editor/menupop.gifong listed.
And I think it's highly debatable whether or not the Monkees were the greatest rock-n-roll band ever. ;)

Arrgh -- and I thought I'd checked everything! At least I got a reaction about my Monkees comment! :)

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
Sorry Herc, I didn't notice you caught Arlo Guthrie first. I really liked that song.
Does anyone remember Boxcar Willie? Nothing but train songs, too many to list here, but I always liked the last verse from "From A Boxcar Door" -

But

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
Sorry for my inability to hit the right key. Here's the last verse from "From A Boxcar Door"

But my travels are not over
There's lots more I've just gotta see
Every day's a new adventure
And I thank the Lord for letting me be free
When I hop aboard a boxcar
And hear that might engine start to roar
You know that big or small- I'll see you all
from a Boxcar door.....
---Boxcar Willie