...Just designed, ahem, another character

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Anyone heard of "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni"? This is Ryuguu Rena from that series.

A bit about the series... (Skip if allergic to anime)
This series is currently one of the most popular works in Japan (with the second largest amount of Doujin, i.e. fanwork). Basically it's about a village haunted by a yearly curse... It's a series which is notorious for its bloodiness, so personally I'd rate it as 18+, which means I'm not really up to the age of watching it >_< But anyway......

It's the first time I did texture for hairs, Photoshop skills were indeed very helpful...
Download:
Home
P: I'm not uploading to downloads this time... 3Mb is too large >_<

Attachments

• RenaSmall.jpg
    RenaSmall.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 23

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Thanks for the kind support ^^

Also, I missed out two instruction pics in the zip file, please go download it again. Sorry.........

C

cgutzmer

Dang, I wont be able to get this one done in time for halloween :D
Chris
p.s.
I will add to download area for you ASAP

gwssms

Feb 7, 2004
Puts me in mind of a book I'm reading right now, "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami. Junior High kids hacking away at each other - very gruesome. :-/
Gary

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
That sounds like a very interesting discussion, laruru ^^

And I've finished making the model. It's not quite to my standards because I didn't have time to make all the backing tabs etc so white edges are clearly visible. Anyway here's the pictures

Attachments

• RenaPhoto1.jpg
    RenaPhoto1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
  • RenaPhoto2.jpg
    RenaPhoto2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
C

cgutzmer

Thats really nice! Thanks for the pics - put them in the download too :) so people can see em easily!
Chris

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Done! (I'm dure that belongs to the mecha / anime section. Or otherwise I'll need to move my other models too, just a thought)

That's a really nice figure model Lex! It helps to see it built and in the round. How tall is she? Definitely on my to do list.
Puts me in mind of a book I'm reading right now, "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami. Junior High kids hacking away at each other - very gruesome. :-/
Gary
Have you ever seen the "Battle Royale" movie Gary? I didn't realize the film was based on a book until reading your post. I thought the movie was pretty good for the genre (Japanese splatter), but since few movies are as good as the book that spawned them, I can only imagine how gruesome your reading experience is. Good halloween choice!