Just bought P2K FA/FB set

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Wildcatfootball, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Was wondering whats peoples opinion on this? Its P2K so I am praying it's up to par with there other stuff. Thanks for anything and everything you guys say!:wave:

2. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I'm impressed with the detail. Most of the P2k's I own keep running flawlessly day after day...and their performance improves with a decoder! :thumb: I was looking into those, because I've also wanted a pair...perhaps I shpuld get a couple.

What road name is yours? Do you have pics?
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

i AGREE with Miles!:thumb: ALL my P2K's are GREAT engines:thumb:. :D -Deano
  4. msowsun

msowsun Member

Did you get the FA2/FB2 or FA1/FB1?
    Is it a new run or an older run?
  5. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I've got an FA-1 and a FB-2 they run great and the detailing is some of the best I've seen.
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

I have two sets of FA1 and FB1 locos. I have a Lehigh & New England limited run, and a Reading set. I would like to get the other L&NE set.

I really like them. They run and look great. The details are nicely done. Also the lettering is crisp and clear.

7. Chris Beard

Chris Beard Member

I too, have purchased this P-2 set. my main compaint is how fragile they are. They also have a very dim headlight!
  8. rdg5500

rdg5500 New Member

P2K FA's

I've got three sets of READING FA's, & I really love 'em. I put Soundtraxx P-N-P sound decoders in all of them (A & B units). It's cool to listen to them burble while idling. Even better as you "wind them up".:thumb:
  9. Seaboard

Seaboard Member

P2k has some of the fanciest little engines I have ever seen. They are highly detailed and last for a long time. I say go for it, if your going to get one.:thumb:
  10. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Do the FA's have that cracked gear problem that plagues their GP's? :confused: Geez! you guys practically sold them to me as well! :D
  11. rdg5500

rdg5500 New Member

I haven't had any problems so far with the FA's. And ALL mine are the early versions. I have only had one GP-7 crack a gear. Walthers replaced them free of charge. The later versions of P2K's don't have the cracking problem.:)
  12. Seaboard

Seaboard Member

Well wait, you already got it. Whoops:oops: .LOL:D
  13. Glen Haasdyk

I have 2 year's worth of running on mine and it's holding up well with no problems
  14. I'm still waiting for it to get here, but once it's here, I'll get pics up ASAP. Its the newer set, and its a FA2/FB2. Great Northern Empire Builder scheme, #279A/279B. Thanks for all the responses guys! Its all VERY much apreciated!!! Now I REALLY can't wait till they get here!!!:wave:
  15. Well a large package just arrived at my door, and low and behold, its the FA1/FA2!!! And WOW, they are BEAUTY'S!!!! I think my favorite part on them are the diaphrams. It was my first set of P2K's and I must say, it's a little strange putting the shells on. I put the shells on and decided I wasn't happy with the couplers, then slapped on some Kadee's and was extremelly happy with the product! I didn't want to say it at first, but I bought these on EBay at $35 each, $80 total with shipping. I'm diffently going to be getting more P2K's now after these!
  16. CRed

CRed Member

I had a chance to bid on a C&NW SD-60 Proto2000 and hesitated,I ended up not bidding and the darn thing went for $49.I could just kick myself for not bidding on it,I've never had one so i wanted to see what they were like.From what I've read,they're first rate engines.

17. Southern4449

Southern4449 Member

I just won a P2K SOUTHERN PACIFIC E8 DAYLIGHT for $37.00 off of Ebay..
    When it arrives i will slap on a decoder and a way we go....
  18. Glen Haasdyk

Glad you like them.I ended up changing the couplers as well. I added a different set of horns and Candian style bell to mine. I also painted the crew inside the cab and that makes a good improvement.