Just another water tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
My layout needed a water tower at Vincents Landing, so I looked at a few that have been built recently, Masonjar's and Belg have both built real nice ones.As we have no proto types here in SA that I could base it on I surfed the Links and found onethat was to my liking.I decided to copy (with his permission ) the Water tower that Casey Feedwater has on his layout
A tank on a stone plinth with a shed . Not being a fine scale modeler here is my project, Photo's were taken as it progressed so in the manner that Matthro uses to show his many fine projects here it is.
Made the tank by glueing timber round a spraycan cap,after fist wrapping it with masking tape, acardboard box was made for the plinth

Attachments

• water tower construction 1.jpg
    water tower construction 1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 686

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Tank mounted on the plinth,note white glue run in to make the morter, disc cut for the roof and therafters being glued in tanks height was reduced to suit layout

Attachments

• water tower con 3.jpg
    water tower con 3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 665

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Excellent workmanship Jimmy my friend. Hope to see more as this progresses. The stone work is great. What kind of stone do you use?A great addition to your railroad Jimmy. The tank looks like it has been there forever. Perfect weathering.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
This thread was moved to the Academy Noovember 2005. Some posts were deleted to provide clarity and continuity the this important thread. It has been locked, so if you have any comments on this thread, please make them in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.