JUST another Monday morn' on the New Haven Line

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by MCL_RDG, Jul 24, 2004.

1. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Yep, just another Monday morning on the New Haven Line. I get to look out on the trestle that crosses Main Street, the Old Boston Post Road in Port Chester, NY. Just on the Connecticut/NY border, in the background is the old Life Savers Building. You can't see it for the grime on the wrinkled glass but there's a huge "O" cast into the penthouse in the center. If you look hard you can see it.

I walk under the trestle every morning and get to see the Corridor action. Acela, Metro-North, Amtrak, ConnecticutDOT, a few railtruck crews. I just happened to take my camera to work with me one day. The shot is from the window in the engineering office where I work. The rumble as the trains drum across the trestle often makes me crane my neck for a look see. It's a good thing the schedule thins out after 9AM but picks up around 3PM. I am not going to make mention at my new job that I am an avid RR fan. They may make me keep the shade drawn! I love trains.

:cool: Mark ;)
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hey Mark, good to hear from you again! Congrats on the new job, especially the location! :) Nice pic!
  3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Nice view! Long commute, huh? Glad to hear you're back to work tho.
  4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Nope! DON'T Tell 'Em!

That is some kinda cool view of urban railroading. Lucky you. :thumb:
  5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Nice view! Hopefully work doesn't interfere too much with your trainwatching.