Just an ugly old garage...

Here's a scratchbuilt garage with an attached work shed I just finished. It started out to be an open-air shed for storing rowboats in a river landing scene. But I got a little carried away with things... started boarding up the sides.... and then one thing led to another... The next thing I knew, I had a garage. Oh well...

I still need to detail it with a workbench, crates, and a lot of junk! But first it needs to be planted on the diorama. That's next.

FossGarage2w.jpg

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by ezdays
Truly amazing detail for any scale. :) :)

Don

Boy, you can say that again!
An "ugly old garage", huh?
Well, just like that old Ford out in my driveway, "ugly" is in the eye of the beholder!:D :cool: :D
Another "Casey Masterpiece"! :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Once again, thanks, everyone.

Actually, this little structure would fit in most layouts set in any era from the early 1920's to the present. Garages such as this are still quite common. When I was a little boy growing up in the early '50's, we lived in a house that had been built in 1921. The garage in the back had been built a year later. All of the houses and garages in the neighborhood were of similar vintage. Many older homes today still have separate wood frame garages that were built 50-80 years ago.

This was a very simple project; I think I spent just 4 or 5 hours all together over a period of about a week.