...Just an idea of what's coming from me next...

Lex

Dollmaker
Yes Skip the entire series is half dark... :D

Continuing with the build, I built the machine gun yesterday... Exams are drawing close and I couldn't find a patch of free space on my desk... >_<
Twins8.JPG

Gretel's body...
Twins9.JPG

Wrapping things up, I joined everything together today... (Just now in fact) That was quite a long project, I'm sure I'd never ever design something this complicated ever again...!
Twins10.JPG

Twins11.JPG

Close up
Twins12.JPG

"It can's be helped"
"We shall call down the angels for them"
"Let's do it, sister!"
(The pair draws out axe and gun...)
Twins13.JPG

...Oh well,one last thing, I'm not sure if I'll release this or not... --It's too damn complicated =.=|||||

Master-Bruce

Oh but you must! :D They may be complicated but they look so good! I love your little picture story at the end. ;)

Well done Lex. Whether you release or not, they look amazing! Nice work.

Lex

Dollmaker
Um... Okay Skip! Since you've said it I'll release the file! This was in fact supposed to be a practice for drawing textures for me, I never expected them to go this far... I'll be updating my site shortly ^^

redhorse

These are really good Lex, I'm still amazed how fast you design and build stuff!!

Since you are listed as a Doll Maker, are you interested in traditional Ningyo at all? My wife loves them, especially Hina dolls and we went to galleries looking for them when we lived in Hong Kong. Harder to find now in TX.

Anyhow, keep up the good work!

First pic...
Twins1.JPG

Two nights of work gave Hanzel a head and a chest. I also made his axe (awesome isn't it?) --Forgive the blurry image, I really need to get a better camera >_<

You don't absolutely need a better camera. Remember that point and shoots have a minimal focal distance, usually around 1-1.3m. If you stay in that range, you can use the simple MS photo processing software to resize and crop the image. Your software package likely has some sort of basic image processing capability.

The other thing that will improve your photography to a great degree will be to purchase a piece of light blue or light grey posterboard on which you may photograph your models. That color most closely approximates the neutral gray standard against which camera light measuring systems are calibrated.

It's dead simple and it works.

S

Soaring

Great job Lex! The machine gun looked great, but hey, in the end, your figures came out looking spiff-eh!

Lex

Dollmaker
Thanks for the replies! I never expected so many would be interested in such models... :eek:ops:

You don't absolutely need a better camera. Remember that point and shoots have a minimal focal distance, usually around 1-1.3m. If you stay in that range, you can use the simple MS photo processing software to resize and crop the image. Your software package likely has some sort of basic image processing capability.

The other thing that will improve your photography to a great degree will be to purchase a piece of light blue or light grey posterboard on which you may photograph your models. That color most closely approximates the neutral gray standard against which camera light measuring systems are calibrated.

It's dead simple and it works.
Thanks for the tip!! I will definitely try that! Guess the reason is simply I have a bad camera, even my mobile takes photos with better focus than that! :D

lex nice model

what is the problem with your leptop maybe we can help

send me PM
Thanks for the help yaniv, it's already been solved now ^^

Since you are listed as a Doll Maker, are you interested in traditional Ningyo at all? My wife loves them, especially Hina dolls and we went to galleries looking for them when we lived in Hong Kong. Harder to find now in TX.
Wow I have never known about those dolls till now... ;) (As you can see from my tone I don't actually have the interest, sorry......) My best advice would be to learn a little 3d so you can make whatever you like, since it's often hard for non-profit designers to take requests from others.

redhorse

I'm sorry Lex, I didn't mean to imply that you should design some for me. I just thought might be interested since they are dolls and some of them are made of paper.

Anyhow, I do like your anime stuff a lot and your ship is just amazing so far!

Lex

Dollmaker
Yes, I agree. Paper is a great medium that can so all sorts of things. One of my friends is experimenting with making models with paper mache, which is a lot like sculpting! :D