...Just an idea of what's coming from me next...

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
...a broken laptop will NOT deter me from designing...! sign1

RenderingTwins.png

After two months of work, I'll hopefully get things printed by Monday, and by then I'll report the build progress here :rolleyes:

S

Soaring

Looks nice! However, I'm not a "Person who likes a Girl with a weapon :("

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Looks nice! However, I'm not a "Person who likes a Girl with a weapon "
Ah... me neither, but if you watched the series (I mean Black Lagoon), you'll see a reason why people love them... >_< INCEST, COLD-BLOODED TWIN KILLERS

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Thanks! The finished model should be about 15cm tall, as said by Pepakura... Getting my d*** printer to work took longer than expected >_< Starting the build tonight!

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
First pic...
Twins1.JPG

Two nights of work gave Hanzel a head and a chest. I also made his axe (awesome isn't it?) --Forgive the blurry image, I really need to get a better camera >_<

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Very Nice Lex! How do you build things that small? Judging by the pen for scale I'd say you're another genetically enhanced builder like Nothing!

Well done buddy! :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Looks really great buddy. I will get around to putting what I've leanred into practice for an anime figure design.

Nice work buddy. ;)

P

paulhbell

Looking good Lex.

Logicman, Jeri Ryan - OOOOOO nice. But I prefer Jolene Blalock, WOW. Sorry about that wrong forum.:twisted:

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Thanks for the comments guys! Skip thanks for reminding me about the tutorial, I'll definitely write more when I have time (...and computer! :D)

Slight update over the weekend, among revising through past papers and lecture notes, I've found some time to finish Hanzel. The hands proved to be a beast, I had experimented on how far I could go with the details but I overdid it. I spent one night each dealing with them, each hand took approximately the time to play the entire Holst Planets suite on my mp3... >_< But for now he's feeling a little lonely so I decided to start Gretel asap, and she quickly took shape...

Twins6.JPG

Twins7.JPG

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Also a little background to keep me carried away with this... :D Caution story unsuitable for young children >_<

The twins are only a pair of minor characters in the Black Lagoon series, but received an unexpected amount of popularity. According to the story the children were born in Romania, being sold on black market at a young age. They were used to film p*********ic films but somehow the pair survived the abuse by learning to kill. They had since become assassins hired by various criminals against each other. As a result of the abuse, "Hanzel" and "Gretel" are only two identities used by the pair, as they frequently switch between them. (Oh and for this reason the real genders of them are unknown...)

They had since learned that to live in the underworld, they must "kill or be killed". But well, they paid their price for living that way, neither of them had good endings -- The "Hanzel" was shot by a sniper and left to bleed to death, while "Gretel" attempted to escape via port, but was later gunned down by a hitman.

--Enough typing, Lex is back to revision...