just added some motive power to my fleet...

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by sschaer, Sep 22, 2004.

1. sschaer

sschaer Member

2. WOW, those must have cost a small mint. what happened..... you win the lotto?...LOL very nice, i wish i could afford half of those. what road are they, or are they all the same? you just cant beat the quality of Kato loco's.:thumb: :thumb:
  3. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Sandro, you must have bough at least half the September imports of Kato for Switzerland! :D :D :D

Now let's see the trains in action on your layout!

I gratuliere der! Das isch e rächti Bigi vo Rollmaterial, wo de da poschtet hesch! (For our English speaking friends: This is genuine Swiss German - Bernese dialect! :wave: :p )
  4. absnut

absnut Member

(This is genuine Swiss German - Bernese dialect! )

Das ist sehr unterschiedlich!

5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

there is alot there, lol :D lets see some pictures of the engines you bought lol :D
  6. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I got a kick out of that series of pics! But, keep going! What's inside!?! :)
  7. sschaer

sschaer Member

no lotto win. but working hard. these are all cp rail units. they will be renumberd, sooner or later have microtrains and dcc installed....

do you want to check out the even finer differences between rons and my dialect ? :)

swiss import ? i don't buy here. way to expensive.

these are not just empty boxes...
  8. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

You didn't go overboard, did you? I don't think i've seen that many Kato's anywhere. :eek:
  9. 70Runner

70Runner Member

Don't go there! I'm sure Sandro can show lots more! :eek: :)
  10. sschaer

sschaer Member

what exactly do you mean ? wanna see more of my locos or more of me ? :eek:
  11. 70Runner

70Runner Member

Locos. LOL!
  12. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

I'm sitting here looking at your picture and wonder why you could possibly need so many examples of the same loco.

I can understand getting a few of each prototype but how can you use this many locos at one time?

You are either "Loco for Locos" or have one really big layout.

Wish I could buy this many locos at one time.
  13. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

Wow, that looks nice. :)

I wish I had that many in Union Pacific SD 90's. The only problem is that I do not know how to renumber.
  14. sschaer

sschaer Member

fm 1446...

use 95% alcohol and a q-tip. dip the q-tip in the alcohol and then gently rub the numbers off the shell. cp rail units are easy to do since they are plain red. only the numbers come off. this might be more difficult with two or more colored paint schemes.

adding new numbers is not that difficult. check microscale's website. they offer decals with numbers as well as the setting solution (=glue) for decals.
    i'm one of the lucky guys able to print my own decals. so it's even easier to create new numbers.
  15. sschaer

sschaer Member

16. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

I went to Microscales site and found this set of Decals:

So I guess I should order that if I want to renumber my Union Pacific SD90's right? Along with renumbering, what does one do about changing the number on the front and rear number boards. The ones that came with my diesel are etched in plastic. I'm really just starting to collect again so maybe it doesn't matter too much.

Seeing that box of AC4400's made me drool. As for the decals, I'm glad that someone has them. I'd hate to have to figure out how to paint new numbers on. My past experience with Decals on planes has been dismal. I guess it just takes patience and not being too much of a perfectionist. :)

Edit: Are these Microscale Decals wet or dry decals? I've only seen wet decals which need water and seem to tear ever so easily. You mentioned glue so I was just wondering. Thanks.
  17. sschaer

sschaer Member

microscale offers two different liquids called micro-sol and micro-set. all their decals are of the wet-type. so put the decal in water, apply some micro-set on the loco and immediately slide the decal onto the shell. wait a few minutes to let it dry. micro-sol is used to make the decals go into small holes/grooves.

i hope this is the right way round. not sure if i mix sol and set or not. anyway, the blue bottle makes the decal stick and the red bottle makes the decal to solve and go into details.
  18. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

Can we see these Locos in action?

Also for some reason it's really hard to find good layout pictures on the internet. Lots of posts in the forums have no pictures whatsoever. I would love to see pictures of cool layouts in N scale.

I'm just starting out my N-scale collection so I really have no pictures to contribute.