Just A Word OF Appreciation

Drew1125

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a member here for quite a while, but up until a couple of weeks ago, I had been pretty scarce around here, & actually, I’ve been taking a break from the hobby itself..

I had been working on a small Hon30 layout, but work had kind of ground to a halt on that project.

Some of you probably already know that I have some visual problems, & combine that with some employment problems, & I had hit an all-time high on the frustration meter!

Well, anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I logged in here at The Gauge, & I gotta say, it felt real good to kindfa get back into the fray, so to speak!

Just wanted to express my appreciation for this great site, & all the great filks here!

I’ve even gotten inspired to start building a little structure kit!

So, once again, thanks everyone! For all the inspiration, & the camaraderie!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Drew,

It goes without saying that you were missed.:wave::wave: I remember when I first came here, that guy "Charlie" made me feel right at home too, and was instrumental in my sticking with the hobby. I got a less than enthusiastic welcome on some other forums and was about to chuck it in for something else when I came across the Gauge and people like yourself that were willing and able to help no matter how basic the questions were. You have been more of an inspiration then you can imagine, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks so.:thumb::thumb:

Yes, I am aware of your sight problem, but in spite of it, you seem to be taking control. I hope things have turned around for you both physically and in the job market.

Now let's see some progress pics...:D :D :D :D

N

nachoman

drew, I know exactly what you mean. In fact, I was just about so submit a similar post when I saw yours. This little online group has been very inspirational to me over the past few months, and has given me a place to unwind during some tough times. I've probably done more modeling since I joined this group last winter than I had done in the previous few years combined.

kevin

MilesWestern

I completely agree, you guys are great and answer questions that would otherwise be forgotten and unanswered, Thanks all for all those great layout comments and advice, and espically those who give endearing remarks to those whose loved ones have passed,passing, or who are in the hospital with some degree of sickness. That makes this Forum a great place to post.

interurban

I was glad to see your last post`s Drew.
Glad you are back with us matey.
I too hope things are working out better for you.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Hey Drew...

Ditto to what Don said. I remember "Charlie" when I joined up here (over 3 years ago now... time flies when you're having fun :D). I found you guys after the collapse of another forum, and haven't looked back! You "old timers" ;) made me welcome, so thanks "right back at 'cha!".

Andrew

ausien

It has been said before and will be again I have no dout, the gaugers are more than a collective of RR buffs, and modelers, we are more or less a family of friends, that care about each other with the common thread of model trains, ask your questions,(no matter how silly they may sound to you) and you will get not one answer, but many. You`ll be not the only one to learn something, but many will benifiet from the answers you get.
I know I have from the many questions and answers that have been asked and answerd here, that I have read, the forum is not the only place we talk here, we also laugh and joke, and learn from each other in the chatroom, for me its the middle of the day, for others its late at night,but when I leave the chatroom, I leave with a warm feeling, after talking to my FRIENDS of the GAUGE...hope to learn more from my many friends in the future here on the gage...have a good one..steve

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Drew,
As one of the Gauge moderators, I'd love to be able to take credit for the friendly atmosphere here, but I can't. It is the members who keep things feeling so good. Welcome back!
Pete