Just a very good idea

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paper warrior, Nov 9, 2006.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Imagine if all or most of the members of cardmodels.net gathered in some town somewhere. It would be one of the largest paper model conventions in the world.Would anyone a good enough planner to pull it off? I know that there are about 1000+ members and that there are very few places to accomidate* such a number, but then there I go thinking again.Any ideas?I'm thinkin Las Vegas,Nevada.

*sorry if I misspelled
  2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I'm a pretty good planner....not a great planner...but a pretty good one...and I've never been to Vegas....so...H**L yes...I'm in!
  3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Everyone could chip in for the cost of the space.
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Good,we'll work from there.I was thinking about the Sands Expo Center.Let's try to get as many people informed as possible.I've already PM'd Rickstef
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

This is not news I am afraid.
  7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Can't go to Virginia, I'm in Arizona.Thats why I wanted one in Vegas
  8. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Yeah...Vegas. Nine hours by car from me...hehehe.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well, yes there is the Thing going on in VA, but this could be JUST FOR cardmodels.net people, which would really sweet.

What time frame are we talking about............ I will have to start buttering up the wife to get from MS to NV! (and saving up some molah........... it be worth it to see the Grand Poobah!:grin:

10. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Somewhere in between 5 months to18 months. Still looking for a place to host it,any suggestions?
  11. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

location, location, location.....

I'm in Minnesota, so Virginia, Vegas, Alaska, New York....they'll all cost pretty much the same to fly to...lol...
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

:grin: Well the cool thing about Las Vegas is that there so many cheap deals to get you to spend your money gambling that it shouldn't be too terrible bad to find a good deal, both a flight and a room.:grin:

It would be nice to put faces to avatars!
  13. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Good idea,we could make nametags with our avatars on them I'll draw up a template.Also I might be able to get the space at the aquatics center in Lake Havasu City,Arizona.3 hr. drive from Vegas.
  14. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

The last time I was in Vegas, was for Red Flag 85-1. I deployed with the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing, then at Elemendorf AFB to be a combat correspondent for their participation in Red Flag.

My first night at Nellis AFB, I walked to a bar across from the main gate of the base, ordered a beer and sat down at a quarter slot machine. Two hours later, I had the tubs of two machines filled to over flowing with winnings. I cashed in and got somewhere around $725 and change. The change was three left over quarters. I put them in a video poker poker machine, and hit a royal flush. Pay out on that was $750.

I spent the rest of the two weeks of wargames, doing my job and when not, giving Vegas money back to Vegas. It was a great two weeks 8v) Doubt that will ever happen again. But attending a Card Modelers conference there sometime just might be enough of a temptation to see if I can turn five quarters (always play all the lines) into a windfall again. If I don't, I'll be out $1.25, but will have met some pretty cool people 8v)
  15. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

16. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Hmmm tempting... being an AZ person myself, I might just be tempted to make the trip! :twisted:

Just so long as it's not on a boat... water does terrible things to cardmodels!
  17. shrike

shrike Guest

Count me in for Vegas or Havasu.
  18. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

OK,it's a go, I need to know how many people are coming.Reply within 60 days.
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Still need to know, what time frame we are talking about.

Wife gotta find a job, city gotta buy my house, we gotta move, thanksgiving, christmas, new grandbaby.............. take your pick it looks like a hectic year.

But I want to come.

20. boiler man

boiler man New Member

I think you can count two members from Reno to be there. Dont know of any more here.