Just A Thought.......

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by eightyeightfan1, Mar 18, 2003.

1. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I was just thinking.......
    And a couple of thanks.
    After joining the Gauge I feel like I have become a member of one of the greatest families in the world. I consider all members of the Gauge part of my extended family.You are all my brothers and sisters. We have become the best of friends, in our postings and in the chat room. I feel I know you all. And though the miles seperate us, we are family. When Better Half tells me "You messing with that site again." She has no understanding. This is the first place I go to after logging on, and the last place I leave at the end of the day.

I'd like to thank Dave Hagan...For keeping us all in line, and keeping out the unwanted. It's what makes this the best forum on the web.

For Shamus and Tyson....Who taught me how to take better model railroading pictures, and posting them for all to see.

For all the other members..Who inspired me with ideas, made suggestions, and posting pictures of their modeling, which makes me a better modeler.

Thanks to all.......

"We family"
    "We happy few"
    "For those who model railroads with me,"
    "Are my family."
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

I'll echo your sentiments! When I was put in the hospital last January I found out first hand what a group of first class, stand-up people we have here at the Gauge! :cool: ;) :cool: To be able to get first class info and help here also is a added bonus!!!
  3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

We can survive, and exist alone. To live we must communicate. To communicate, we must have friends. To have friends, is to be here on the gauge.
  4. Shaummy

Shaummy New Member

you guys have a chat room set up?? Where??

Okay I found it...but it doesn't work...I'm using IE6.0 are
    there any tricks?

5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi 88, that will be $100 please for all the info :D:D:D

Nice lot in here matey, all one big family.

6. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Comparatively speaking, Shamus, that's still one h--- of a deal.
  7. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

I too agree with 88's sentiments...I think Sumpter hit the nail on the head with the word communication. This is a fine community, the best I've ever seen on the web. The only forum without rancor. I find it amazing..and refreshing. It daily restores my faith in human kindness, which can be hard to find these days

Thanks from me too.
  8. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

What about me? Do you consider me part of this family? I have fw frinds, and I found my computer as a way to make friends. Then I found modelling railrods and this group of guys...

Thanks to all who helped me, and I like to specially thank to a new member: swissjohn. He was the one who helped me in my first steps in this hobby. ;)

I really like to be in here.... Thanks.
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Yes Luis, you are indeed part of this family! ;)
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Luis.......you're part of this family.
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I echo all the sentiments above. I have even managed to post some suggestions that worked.:D :D
  12. interurban

interurban Active Member

right on the money

I even log on to my mail to check for Gauge mail:D at 10 past 4 in the morning before I get ready for my day, as Spitfire said It`s like a fix for the day, and there is always mail.

So thank you one and all from all over the Globe for making the Gauge work.