Just a caboose

L

lester perry

I havent posted any pics for a while and I thought this was a pretty cool one so here it is,
Les
Picture009.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice pic! I really like all of the details on that cabin...er..caboose! :) I miss them in real life but they run on my 1960s to 70's layout too! Hmmmm, I'm sensing a "show us your cabooses and cabin cars" thread in the near future (?)
Ralph

pennman

hey ralph

Lets see cabins,crummies,hacks and caboose its all the same we slate pickers callem cabins.. but you know that..sign1 tony

L

lester perry

It has been a caboose since I was a child, which has been a long loooong time so to me it is caboose. I think if it said PRR on the side it would be cabin. Not sure of other companies, but it would be interesting to hear about who called it what.
Les
JOIN IN everyone what is it?

pennman

All in a name

Well If I can dig it out off my library, I have a book on cabins and it gives them names and who used what names as soon as I get some time I'll dig it out and post it for you, but until then its a cabin..HAHA
Tony
Wish they would bring em back

Relic

Yeah.... I never thought of that ...If you got a ticket it would reflect badly on the UP and nobody would ship with them anymore

UP SD40-2

Relic said:
UP-sd40-2
Is that yours? Sure is .....distinctive.
no, sorry guys...but i DARN SURE WISH IT WAS MINE!!:thumb::D while surfing on the net for pics of real engines i have models of, i ran across these "van" picks. thought they were pretty cool, so i saved them.:D BTW, as far as cabooses go, sure wish UP had them with the sun shades on them like the one in the pic Les put up, its AWESOME!:thumb::D -Deano View attachment 28038

Attachments

• up-van-1.JPG
    up-van-1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 75

steamhead

Hi,

Love them caboose (s??)!! See my avatar....

Deano, where in WI do you live?? I lived in Madison for 10 yeras before the real world stepped in...Greatest place in the world!!

Gus (LC&P).

UP SD40-2

steamhead said:
Deano, where in WI do you live?? I lived in Madison for 10 yeras before the real world stepped in...Greatest place in the world!! Gus (LC&P).
Gus:wave:, i live in Beloit, home of FAIRBANKS-MORSE!:thumb::D i make it up to Madison every now and then:D. -Deano