Just a caboose

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by lester perry, Jul 12, 2006.

1. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I havent posted any pics for a while and I thought this was a pretty cool one so here it is,
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, I agree. Nice angle on the shot.:thumb:
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

NICE SHOT! Les:thumb: i REALLY like the sun shades on the caboose!:thumb:
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

Indeed it is a nice shot.:thumb:
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nice pic! I really like all of the details on that cabin...er..caboose! :) I miss them in real life but they run on my 1960s to 70's layout too! Hmmmm, I'm sensing a "show us your cabooses and cabin cars" thread in the near future (?)
  6. pennman

pennman Member

hey ralph

Lets see cabins,crummies,hacks and caboose its all the same we slate pickers callem cabins.. but you know that..sign1 tony
  7. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

It has been a caboose since I was a child, which has been a long loooong time so to me it is caboose. I think if it said PRR on the side it would be cabin. Not sure of other companies, but it would be interesting to hear about who called it what.
    JOIN IN everyone what is it?
  8. Relic

Relic Member

Vans a lot of Canukians callem vans
  9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Relic, hmm...very interesting, in WI we call them a caboose. this would be a van:D... View attachment 28018

Attached Files:

10. pennman

pennman Member

All in a name

Well If I can dig it out off my library, I have a book on cabins and it gives them names and who used what names as soon as I get some time I'll dig it out and post it for you, but until then its a cabin..HAHA
    Wish they would bring em back
  11. Relic

Relic Member

Is that yours? Sure is .....distinctive.
  12. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

What sort of royalty payment does the U.P. ask for doing a paint job like that?
  13. Relic

Relic Member

Yeah.... I never thought of that ...If you got a ticket it would reflect badly on the UP and nobody would ship with them anymore
  14. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

no, sorry guys...but i DARN SURE WISH IT WAS MINE!!:thumb::D while surfing on the net for pics of real engines i have models of, i ran across these "van" picks. thought they were pretty cool, so i saved them.:D BTW, as far as cabooses go, sure wish UP had them with the sun shades on them like the one in the pic Les put up, its AWESOME!:thumb::D -Deano View attachment 28038

Attached Files:

15. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Love them caboose (s??)!! See my avatar....

Deano, where in WI do you live?? I lived in Madison for 10 yeras before the real world stepped in...Greatest place in the world!!

Gus (LC&P).
  16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Gus:wave:, i live in Beloit, home of FAIRBANKS-MORSE!:thumb::D i make it up to Madison every now and then:D. -Deano
  17. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Great Les.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: