Just a blink of an eye and ,,,,,gone

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by interurban, Jan 25, 2004.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Happend to be fanning for an hour on Sunday, and was shooting a crane at Pickering Go Station,, when I heard the hornes, all I could shoot was the tail end of the Windsor to Montreal ex:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Looks like it was travelling fast Chris. You were lucky to get the photo you did.
  3. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I would have never even been close at getting that shot. :(
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

You sure lucked out on that shot Chris. Nice one.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

Are you sure that wasn't an Ottawa - Toronto train?

The VIA Ottawa - Smiths Falls line runs in back of my house. They certainly do boot it along.
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Bob it could have been the Ottawa train as it was to fast to read the destination sign:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Does the Windsor/Montreal have the same make up??
  7. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

I don't know what the makeup of the Toronto - Windsor train is. The Ottawa - Toronto trains consist of 3, 5, or 7 cars and can be pulled by F40PHs or the newer Genesis units.

It would be interesting to know the routing of each trainset. For example, one set could start in Quebec in the morning and end up in Toronto (via Ottawa) in the evening. I know that some of the Montreal - Ottawa trains carry on as Ottawa - Toronto trains but I don't know that they go on to Windsor.

On the other hand, some of the Montreal - Ottawa and Toronto - Ottawa trains get wyed in Ottawa on the remains of the old CPR M&O junction which goes under Hwy 417 between the Innis Road and Walkey Road exits.
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

You could have some fun for a day by taking the VIA timetable and trying to match up train sets from end to end. I think there was a time when one set made it in three jumps from Quebec to Windsor.
    Your free square: The Chicago-Toronto train returns as the Toronto-Chicago train. :D
  9. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

Yes, and the Montreal - Quebec train returns as the Quebec - Montreal train. Now, all you have to do is figure out what happens between Montreal - Toronto and Montreal - Ottawa - Toronto. Lotsa luck!