June-July Track Planning Contest

Jim Spaulding

With many thanks to: Ralph, Will, Catt, David, Cid, Andrew, Rick, & Clark for their help and ideas for my Mountain Home layout.

Therefore, I humbly submit my current plan for the new house. Now, as far as the contest goes I believe that everyone listed above should get credit should (we) win.

Here is the layout and I’m pretty happy with it.

Jim

Attachments

• Version 6 Bambi House 065a.jpg
    Version 6 Bambi House 065a.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 364

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It is difficult to show the track plan for a mushroom layout so here is a rough attempt to show it.
The upper half is the lower level and the and the lower half shows the upper level. Just try to imagine the upper level directly over the lower level
m1x.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Matthyro said:
It is difficult to show the track plan for a mushroom layout so here is a rough attempt to show it.
The upper half is the lower level and the and the lower half shows the upper level. Just try to imagine the upper level directly over the lower level
m1x.jpg.w560h420.jpg

your image didn't show, Mat

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Yet another update. Changed the turntable area and added two double crosses which gives both lines an effective dual mainline for a portion of the run. Most of it is in a tunnel and behind some building view blocks so it isn't real obvious. See it at Update (bottom of the page #30). Most of the yard is grown up with weeds and the area around the shops and TT is grease and oil stained ground. Still haven't decided whether to wire the yard for single or dual switchers.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Once again

I've been at it again. For the latest update see Latest Update #30 at the bottom of the page. Considering the amount of time left this will (hopefully) be the last revision. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

eatst14

Ok here is my entry into the RR design.

I prefer small designs, as it can often take years to finish a small corner of a basement layout, I prefer to build em and run em. My layout design is based on a fictious line called the East Greensburg RR which would run from the old Pennsy mainline somewhere between Greensburg, PA and Latrobe, Pa and would be a coal hauling rr. The date would be 1982, early conrail with some PC thrown in for variety.

I nunbered some of teh key parts of the layout, some of these did not exist in 1982, but modeller's license allows for variety.

1. Avolio food distributors (actually located in Jeanette, PA but without rail access)
2. Lenox specialty glass (actually located in Mt. Pleasant and again no direct rail access in real life)
3. Engine shop area
4. Seven Springs coal #2
5. Interchange and classification yard with Conrail.

I imagine that this line would have been sold off by Conrail early on to Westmoreland and Fayette Counties but still operated and maintained by Conrail. Chief commodity would be coal, followed by imports of raw sand for the glass factory, and refigerator cars for Avolio foods. On one side is a forested mountain scene seperated by a backdrop of a small town on the other.

Hope everyone likes the design.

Ed

Attachments

• EG-small.JPG
    EG-small.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 269

rksstl

Heres what I finally came up with. bench work is almost complete and some track is down and running. Ive posted some photos in the layout party thread.
The open ended tracks above the interchange/yard will be hidden.

Attachments

• layout4.jpg
    layout4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 268