June 04 Photo Contest: Archive Open/magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Ordinarily, the Beach Turn is one of the more pleasant assignments on the railroad. Today, however, the crew is hoping to get through as quickly as they can to avoid the approaching storm!

John

Attachments

• Mvc-012s.jpg
    Mvc-012s.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 147

Locobreath

Apr 7, 2004
USA
Visit site
'Ol #3' is jumping right into the fray. She's trying out her lighting after being in the repair shed the whole summer. Getting ready for winter. (All enhancements were done with photoshop.)

aan.sized.jpg

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Wow! What A Contest!

The entries this time - What can be said? LOTS of them...and they're all GREAT!!

Well, here's my go. Here we find the crew of the Megill River C-16 no. 3 headed home across the last trestle, nicknamed "Ol' Creaky". The crew, although looking forward to hometime, still slow right down for the oldest bridge on the line.

This "trestle" is actually a part of what I was trying to accomplish for last month's photo contest...and that's still not finished yet. Oh, well. I'm ecstatic to be able to squeak in under the wire on this one.

Here's my entry. Taken on the front deck into the setting sun, and "magic"-ed up by eliminating tender-to-cab wires, cropping and adding smoke.

Attachments

• Coming Home.jpg
    Coming Home.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.