Judy's & Glen's Train Show in MR!

RailRon

Just got my January '04 issue of Model Railroader. On the last page is an (all too) short article about the 'Tiny Texas train show'!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

And yes, it's the show in Highland Village TX that Judy (jawatkins) and Glen (zeeglen) told us about, here on the Gauge! :thumb:
MR even printed two pics showing three kids, seriously at work, switching a layout and working at a tree building clinic - all three hopefully future model railroaders! :)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Congratulations, Judy and Glen! You are an example for all of us, and it seems fitting that your work is honored by appearing in the big 70th anniversary issue of MR!

Ron

zeeglen

Didn't know about this, thanks for the headsup. Will have to get a copy.

The little redheaded kid was almost 5 years old. He could look at a steam locomotive and tell you the wheel arrangement. He could easily rerail HO, and managed N OK, Z was little too small, but with some practice I'm sure he could have.

His family are regular restaurant customers. After the mini train show he received a N scale set for his 5th birthday and they are now building a layout. When they were at my favourite LHS (Discount Model Trains) to get it, the staff there were concerned about the ability of a 5 year old to handle N scale. They had him demonstrate his prowess to convince them that their customer was not making a mistake. (That's one of the reasons they are my favourite LHS - they care).

Judy just told me that on their last visit to her restaurant they reported that their benchwork is now completed and they just purchased a whole whack of scenicing materials.

Our Fall Village N scale display RR is headed back to her restaurant this Friday for the Christmas season. Several regulars have already been asking about it. Hopefully we'll get some more model railroaders from this. Judy will be 'sprucing it up' today in final prep - literally, she's adding more trees!

Want to see a real cute picture of a future Model Railroader? (Or is it 'Railroad Modeller'?) This little guy was watching a child-height Z scale modular layout built into in 3 Zuitcases (The Val-Ease Central RR) at a train show. Photo by Jeffrey MacHan, Montreal, Canada.

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale/vwp?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.src=gr&.dnm=Kid640-480.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale/lst%3f%26.dir=/Yahoo!%2bPhoto%2bAlbum%26.src=gr%26.view=t

zeeglen

here he is - A Future Model Railroader seeing his first Z scale layout. Just look at that G scale Grin! (Photo by Jeffrey MacHan, Montreal Canada, Chief Imagineer of the VECRR)

Attachments

• kid640-480 jeffrey kid in stroller.jpg
    kid640-480 jeffrey kid in stroller.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 208

jon-monon

Congrats on hte publication you two!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by zeeglen
He could look at a steam locomotive and tell you the wheel arrangement. He could easily rerail HO, and managed N OK, Z was little too small, but with some practice I'm sure he could have.

Hey, that sounds like me!

Cute li'l engineer too!

Sir_Prize

Congrats on the recoginition!
Be it small or large... Somebody noticed!
From small acorns, come mighty oaks!

That is a SUPER cute picture!
:D :thumb:

Perhaps someday I'll have a lil' one that I can take shots of
watching trains.

Then I'll have a excuse to buy toys again!!;) :D

Tyson Rayles

Congrats to you Glen and Judy!!!! I just got my Nov. issue so next March or April when the Jan issue gets here :D :D :D I'll be sure to check it out. Again nice job on promoting the hobby! :thumb:

jawatkins

I guess you could say I'm shocked.....

What a surprise! Never expected this. Thanks for the kind words. Glen and I really enjoy this hobby and want others to know about it. I really appreciate all of the people on this forum for all the support that you give us and to others.

You are all a great bunch of people - and might I say talented too!

Clerk

You two are really something. What , I haven't figured out yet, but whatever it is keep it up. Love that baby picture. Look like he is ready to climb out of that chair and start running that train.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Judy and Glen,

Congratulations, I just now received my copy yesterday (I guess the wagon train had a few problems this trip:rolleyes: ) and saw the article. You guys should be proud of what your doing, we are.:thumb: :thumb:

Don

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
MR came yesterday, and I didn't have a chance to read it last night. Checked out the article.....:thumb: :thumb: You guys are doing more for the hobby with your "little show", than MR does with its entire circulation. Congrats on being "published", and keep up the great work. The smiles of those who see what we all do, is part of the fun of model railroading.
Pete