jtdigest.narod.ru need info please,free cardmodel links also

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by thewoodengraver, Jan 22, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

2. dinsour

dinsour Member

not enough time

Hope I'm not missing any real good ones LOL

73 Ron
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

Try www.translate.ru for the text - it has no size limit like Alta Vista, etc. The
    resulting text is approximately English. I think the problem is a mismatch between Russian and English in underlying construction - I believe Russian
    has many more verbs and verb forms (tenses) than English does so it's hardly
    surprising the machine translators have major problems.

The narod.ru domain is a free webhosting service offered by Yandex.ru - I guess you can't expect too much from
    free hosting.

4. ChukyChez1

ChukyChez1 New Member

I'm only 65 10/12 years old. Down load all the pic's to your desk top. Read the posts, & keep checking on the down loads occasionaly. Delete after they're done. When cruising the Russian & Polish sites. It's impairative to have a good Virus & Spyware program installed in your computer. I've deleted 17 virus's this past year. Also virus check the pictures & down loads in your files, befor opening them. C/c
  5. thewoodengraver

for anyone interested...the Artists name is Richard Vyškovský.
  6. cygielski

cygielski Member

7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Slow Russian Server

I´m only 52 years old.
    Here´s what I do - I start the downloads from narod.ru and then I join my family for a nice dinner.
    After the desert the first sheet is usually ready. For the next sheet, we have to eat another nice dinner.

I´m not complaining.

PS. I can recommend the Caudron G. III (Kordon) and the (large) Viking ship, which is very detailed, has many parts and is beautifully coloured.

8. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

i built the viking ship, a very enjoyable build overall :-D
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi Bengt,

"PS. I can recommend the Caudron G. III (Kordon)"

Which one of the above links is that? or is it not on the list?

Also---What is it?:) :???:

Oh yeah, I won that Titanic!:grin:
    It's going to be my long term project! I think it has between 1200 and 1400 parts and is 53 inches long (134cm)!
    I can't wait to get it!
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh yeah---I see it now! Duh! The G3A2 Right?
    Too much sugar on my corn flakes this morning, I guess.

Still---what is that?
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Caudron G. 3

Hey Amazyah,
    Yes, either that or "biplane" - I have´nt checked. But I know I downloaded it from that (snail) server. In the Russian text, it was spelled "Kodron".
    A lot of rigging on that one. Check in on Kartonmodell-Forum - they also have a list like this one!

12. thewoodengraver

Roughly translated as best I can, the G3A2 is;

"kodron G -б2" (France, 1913 - 1914 )

Up to the year of 1916 the aircraft was used by a French army as intelligence officer and proofreader of artillery shooting. It adapted in France, Italy, Belgium, USA and Russia as training machine.
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, thats neat! Thanks for the info.
    I'm downloading it now.
    It's slower than molasses in the winter time!
  14. charliec

charliec Active Member

I recommend "Free Download Manager" for Russian sites - it will just keep retrying a download until it gets it all. Browsers have a nasty habit of ending a download whenever they think the connection is lost.

It's at www.freedownloadmanager.org

15. thewoodengraver

Yes, Charlie, a download manager is good too. I personally download three of four files at the same time on most Russian sites since the download speed for all four files is still less than normal download speed for one file.

BTW I am still using dial up...can you imagine how long it took me to download all these??

does anybody remember dial up? does anybody remember what flowers smell like or are you microwaving your pop-tarts?
  16. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

u can microwave poptarts?!?!? seriously.. im on dialup :( it REALLY sux... flowers? i prefer the aroma provided by wild rose bushes and dogwood trees, with just a hint of cut grass ;-)