JSC's Shimakaze-The Hard way

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Wow! That looks sweet! Makes me want to build mine again and do a better job, hehehehe. I really like the additional details you added to the original model. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Well done, mate!

-Ski

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Mike, the railings were photo-etched. These were bought long before lazer etched card was available here! I have a bunch of rails waitin' for ships. 'Ski, the kit had a lot of extra details added to bring her up to 1/250 scale standards, but the basic kit is still pretty good. Barry, this is just a "resurrection" from a couple years past. I promised Rob some outdoor pics, maybe late but here they are. I still have to get past the birds nest tangle of rigging, between the masts, etc. And Mike, the table was just a happy co-incidence, in some pics it does look like calm water!

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
Glad you resurected this one! What a beauty! When I first looked at it, I couldn't believe you had paper floating on the water!!! :grin: thought it was your pool (but it seemed it might be a wee bit early!) Great job, great pics! Thanks!

Chris

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Playing while I should be working!

Here are a couple "wartime photos" I redid while waiting for stuff for the basement project...

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 83