JSC Titanic & container ship out

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Yes sir, and I can't wait to see what they look like! :D

I'm waiting on the containership, hopefully it will arrive shortly.
The Titanic should also be a nice model and make for a nice sized build, even at 1:400 scale, but I haven't decided on whether to order one yet (it is in my favorite scale, however. 8) )

See also:
http://cardmodels.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2315

I hope someone will give us their appraisal of either kit if they get one. The quality of the JSC kits has been pretty good lately and I hope they continue with these two latest releases.

Cheers!

Jim

Feb 23, 2005
Reading.PA.
the JSC models keep getting better and better, a far cry from my first model i got from them(JSC-10 USS INDIANAPOLIS) the graphics are better and they seem to be getting away from the box type hull. but the best thing is the price :wink: and who else has models of carriers with a "FULL AIR WING" like the intrepid, and invincible,, etc etc
the queen mary2 is about 34" long and the queen mary is 30" so i quess the titanic is gonna be between 30-34" since it was the size of a carrier. i f the titanic is anything like the queen mary 2 it is gonna be an awsum ship to build and display :D and its cool to see some one put out queens of the north atlantic. i am holding out hope that they release a model of the queen elizabeth and qe2, or even the andrea doria, or even better yet a nimitz class carrier :wink: :wink: maybe they need a nudge to release these models :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Aye, the Titanic will be, even for it's scale, a VERY big model! :shock: I think it would be excellent for JSC to pursue a series of commerical ships, more modern freighters and liners, or even some of the famous liners as you mentioned...how does one register their vote with JSC, I wonder? :? I've tried to correspond with them in the past, but never received any reply. It would be nice to hook up with someone there as I have a few questions I'd like to ask them.... :wink:

May I assume you are also aware of the ships offered as free downloads by Yuki Yuji on his ALOTVS webpage, which includes a 1/700 scale NIMITZ carrier, and full air wing? Check it out at:
http://home.kimo.com.tw/yukiyuji/downl1.htm

I haven't tackled the carrier yet, but the Arleigh Burke was a pretty nice model...it might be interesting and worth the effort to try to enlarge the Yuki models to 1/400 scale to fit the JSC series, for size comparison's sake, of course. :wink:

What is the release dates of these new models, if you know...I was told they have already been ordered for distribution by some dealers, so I imagine they are presently available, despite what appears to be a release date of "12/2005" shown on the cover of each model...if anyone knows whether they are available now, I would like to find out where.

Cheers!

Jim

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
Jim,

Thanks for that link. I did some test prints of the Ting Yuen at 350% (1:200) and the graphics came out fine. Its only a single sheet built. but it might be fun.

Cheers,
Brad

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Good one, Brad! :D

That's one of many models I have printed out for building, but just haven't had the chance to tackle them yet. I'm happy to hear the enlargement didn't create a lot of problems to the details...I wonder if that's true for the rest of his designs? They do have nice details for the original scale of 1/700, so I figured going up to 1/400 wouldn't do much harm, but still good at 1/200, well, that's saying something, isn't it? :wink:

And you WILL post a thread on that build, won't you my friend? :D

Cheers!

Jim

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
Jim,

I might give it a shot. I'm a couple of weeks (2?) from finally finishing the Dreadnought at 1:175. The build has been straightforward. As its my first ship, I'm simply using what Digital Navy has provided.

The Ting Yuen being a one sheet deal might be present me with my first and best opportunity at scratchbuilding and embellishing some material. Although Chinese, the ship was constructed by a German firm, so I'm hoping that I can manage to find some decent resources. Photos of the actual Ting Yuen are few and far between.

Hopefully, if both Dreadnought and Ting Yuen come out well, I'll finally dive into DN's Oregon or Oblya (spelling, sorry).

Speaking of pre-dreadnoughts, does anyone know of any of the other Great White Fleet ships besides Maine or Oregon as being available?

Cheers,
Brad