JSC 1:400 Z10 Hans Lody.

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Teamski, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Teamski

Teamski Member

I just finished the 1:400 Hans Lody (1st edition). It's actually a bit under scale (maybe 1:450) since I copied it and it was scaled to fit. The kit was pretty good, although there were errors with some of the dimensions, but they were easy to fix. I accidentally reversed the torpedo bays as well, hehehe....

Attached Files:

2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Looks good - did the coloring wash out during your coping, or is that faithful to the kit? I like the build, but the coloring seems a bit cartoonish (and please, don't take that the wrong way - the model looks great!!)

3. Teamski

Teamski Member

The copy was definately light. But, this kit was the first edition version so it wouldn't win any awards for detail. The second edition version is out, so that would be the definately the one to pick! Thanks for your comments. ;)

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

And I bet I know which superstructure part you had some problems with...but it did redraw fairly simply. The kit enlarges fairly nicely with that one exception...I built it at 1:250.
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Pretty neat build, Ski! She came out great, even if the graphics are of the earlier type used by JSC.