JSC 1:24 scale aircraft: good or not?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by billmcc, Jul 4, 2004.

1. billmcc

billmcc Member

Hi All,

Has anyone built one or more of the 1:24 scale aircraft models published by JSC? If so, please give us your opinion of the model kit(s).

Regards, Bill M.
  2. Ron

Ron Member

Hi Bill

I have the Bf-109G. I haven't built it yet but the model looks good. The color scheme doesn't look as nice as Halinski's nor is the cockpit half as detailed. Another thing missing is the option to put in wheel wells. JSC also uses a strange internal structure. The registration looks good on the print and the quality of paper is also good. Personally, I'd go for the Halinski or GPM kit for looks and accuracy.

Hope this helps :)

3. Darwin

Darwin Member

I have the Spit and the Mustang sitting in the "to do" pile. I agree with Ron's comments as far at the Spit is concerned, but the opening gun panels on the Mustang are a nice feature (this is tempered by my being disappointed to find the gun detail is simply 2D printing, not a nicely detailed 3D gun bay). Adequate, but not as nice as the GPM or Helinski models. If you are looking for a change of pace, you might want to take a look at the Papermodels International "house brand" models.
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

Wish I could add something else, but my experiences mirror
    Ron and Darwin.

But, like all other things in life, there are good and bad
    things that go with them. 1/24 is an unusually large scale,
    so you won't find many kits like that. The trade off is usually
    small annoyances, depending on what your looking for in a kit.

Personal choices

5. Swinger

Swinger Member

6. mark

mark Member

my freand bild the spit and the me109 he tall me thet are vary vary cool
  7. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello friends,

8 years this thread started, I can add something: I'm now building JSC P47 1:24. All is said about the camouflage and the poorness about the buildable details of the model, but:

It is a fine model for the beginner in our hobby!
    -Moderate number of parts,
    -relative handy parts
    -less formers --> fast building
    -the printing is very detailled (although the colours are wrong)
    -you get a nice model

This five reason are worth buying this kit!
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Peaceglue, you were days from having your account suspended due to inactivity. I get worried when I see someone with 87 Downloads, and only 14 posts, but looking into past files, I am wondering if there is a discrepancy in your post count? Would you let me know? I am trying to figure out if there was a problem. and it would be really nice to see what you have built, a picture speaks a 1000 words! :)
  9. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello Zathros,

don't worry, be happy! (without the ironical meaning intended by Bobby Mc Ferrin). Ok, you (or you feel I abuse the forum) feel abused by a user who posts seldom.

I 've started a building report in a german forum, in a sort of p47 hysteria (quite funny!). There were discussed same properties of the kits mentioned here in this thread. I only wanted to mention an aspect which would be interesting for a decision to buy such a kit or not.

I'm like a digger and here and in other fora I've found treasures of information (pics and models, too) and it's easier for me to publish in german as in english. So my activities are concentrated to the german fora.

When I will begin to build the "Sikorsky" Skycrane, I will not forget from whom I get the information about it.

My model isn't ready yet, but of course you are right: pics!

The second pic shows the difference between 1:24 and 1:33 scale.

Attached Files:

10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

IFirst, Holy Cow! Those pictures are amazing!

Second, I think you misunderstood. Your name goes back, and there is another member who was posting, I was watching him post, but his numbers weren't increasing. I didn't know if you had the same problem. If I thought you abused the forum, I would tell you in a P.M., not out in the open like that. . As I said, you seem to have more posts than are showing, as did another member, this last week.

That P-47 Jug is incredible!.
  11. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello folks,

I'dont want to hijack the thread. I've finished the build of my P47, and I think it's a good idea to post some pics showing quality of the kit from JSC.
    The last pic shows the P47 and a DH89 with same scale.

@Zathros, thanks for your acclamation, but it's not only me, it's the kit, too!

EDIT: DH instead of HP.

Attached Files:

12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

No way man, that's you too, all the way! Please, keep us mere mortal appraised and please, any hints or tips would be so highly appreciated. Thank you forum pics of one of my favorite planes.
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Peaceglue, I have to say that you hae done a very good job on these planes. Everything looks really clean. I like the detailed shots that you were able to get.
    I look forward to seeig more of your work.
  14. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hiu Zathros and Rhaven Blaak,

thanks for appreciating "my" P47.

I think it is for shure: the kits 1:24 from JSC are worth building them, even if they have the one or another mistake (here: colors) and as I wrote the conclusion in the german forum: This kit has the construction philosophy: You build only the things you can see. For example: you have only to build the half frontside ring of zylinders, which can be seen from outside. The backside of this ring and the hole second engine ring was left.

For explanation have a look to the pic.

Attached Files: