Johnny Five robot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by modelnutz7, Nov 7, 2007.

1. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Guys,

I hesitate to ask for help with this subject, but I thought I would try anway.

I love robots, have done since I was young, Robby being my all time favourite, I am waiting patiently till uhu02 releases his model. It has been a dream of mine for years to attempt a model of J5 from scratch, to make the finished thing a good size maybe 14" high to help me cope with the small details like the hands which are pretty delicate. So far from research there are no drawings available, blueprints are being drawn but I believe It will be a few years before they are done.

I can draw up my own plans, but I wondered If anyone had seen a decent mesh out there? or anything that I could use for reference to get the proportions/ details right.

2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Tom

I think there was a link to J5 at ( Official Home in the scifi section. If my memory is right when I checked out the link it was a 3D game mesh instead of a paper model. I've got a simple paper model somewhere in my backup disks. I'll look for it when I get a chance.

3. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Clif,

The link is long gone, appreciate your help.

4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

As would I! Any model - good or bad - I would appreciate. I grew up watching Johnny, and my favorite robot-flick was, is, and will probably always be Short Circuit.

Modelnutz, I would suggest asking one of the *many* Johnny Five Builders clubs out there for blueprints. I know of a few if you want them. One of them has some fine blueprints on the web. PM me and I'll shoot you a few links. 8)