Joe takes a break

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Here's Joe on his break outside the Laschinger Brewery. I originally had this structure (not quite finished painting yet) in a very different place on the layout. Trouble is, it looks good wherever I put it, but I think this may well be its final resting place.
Ever since I started my layout I have given up the typical woman's pastime of re-arranging furniture, in favour of re-arranging whole buildings!!!!

Val

Attachments

• brew.jpg
    brew.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 166
F

Fred_M

Nice Val. That LPB looks more like stone cold steve austin to me with that bald head and vest. FRED

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
spitfire said:
Bald!!??? He ain't bald - he's wearing a cap. :D :D

Val

I hear that guys who are losing their hair favour hats... ;) :D

I am sure this will happen to me soon... My wife has been making comments to that effect :cry: :(

Nice work on the building, scenery etc. Val! I like the red end on that switcher :thumb:

Andrew

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
He's a lonely looking sod. Is there no one to take a smoke brake with? Even his dog has abbandoned him. Poor Joe! Is he the sole employee?

That is a nice building though. You sure like those big structures Val, and you do such a good job of them too.

TrainClown :)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks folks! Yes, I painted him myself - it's a lot cheaper that way. Chris is right, he needs a buddy to have a smoke with, which, since this is a Toronto scene, would have to be an Export A.
It's not modern times Jon, but there's no smoking in the brewery - too much risk of fire. There's a break/lunch room where smoking is allowed, but Joe likes to stand outside and watch the trains.

Val