Joe takes a break

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Jun 10, 2004.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Here's Joe on his break outside the Laschinger Brewery. I originally had this structure (not quite finished painting yet) in a very different place on the layout. Trouble is, it looks good wherever I put it, but I think this may well be its final resting place.
    Ever since I started my layout I have given up the typical woman's pastime of re-arranging furniture, in favour of re-arranging whole buildings!!!!

Attached Files:

• brew.jpg
      File size:
      38.9 KB
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Nice Val. That LPB looks more like stone cold steve austin to me with that bald head and vest. FRED
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Bald!!??? He ain't bald - he's wearing a cap. :D :D

Attached Files:

• guy.jpg
      File size:
      14 KB
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Looking really good Val! Nice location.
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I hear that guys who are losing their hair favour hats... ;) :D

I am sure this will happen to me soon... My wife has been making comments to that effect :cry: :(

Nice work on the building, scenery etc. Val! I like the red end on that switcher :thumb:

6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's an excellent building!
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Don't know 'bout bald...looks like he's lightin' up a Lucky. That still legal up there? :thumb: :thumb: can't wait to see it finished.
  8. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

He's a lonely looking sod. Is there no one to take a smoke brake with? Even his dog has abbandoned him. Poor Joe! Is he the sole employee?

That is a nice building though. You sure like those big structures Val, and you do such a good job of them too.

TrainClown :)
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Nice LPB, you paint 'im?

Banished to smake alone as an outcast, does that mean you've decided to mdel modern times, or does he just want some fresh air with his smoke? :D :D :D

I'll bet he's bald under the hat too :)
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks folks! Yes, I painted him myself - it's a lot cheaper that way. Chris is right, he needs a buddy to have a smoke with, which, since this is a Toronto scene, would have to be an Export A.
    It's not modern times Jon, but there's no smoking in the brewery - too much risk of fire. There's a break/lunch room where smoking is allowed, but Joe likes to stand outside and watch the trains.

11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Val,Just have the big boss rounding the corner of the building..Place one guy running back inside of the building while "Joe" lights up his smoke. :D
  12. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very nice mini scene Val even if the poor guy is lonely
  13. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Great looking scene Val.
    You painted him yourself? Nice job!!! :thumb: :thumb:
    Is that on your N-Trak module?