Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Bluenoser, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

I had started this model for the december competition but was unable to finish it in time. Its done now however, and so I thought I would just show it anyway.

Attached Files:

2. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

more pics

Attached Files:

3. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

....Still more pics.

Attached Files:

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wow! thats really good! Super clean detailing :)
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very nice! Nice lines and clean building! Was it a free download? Got a link? This would have made the judges' job even tougher! :grin:
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

YES.............. it would have! Sorry it didn't make it!

Very clean build.............very good model!

7. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Yes, the model is a free one. You can find it here:

This is a site worth checking into a little later on, they have the
    IJN Aircraft Carrier AKAGI-The Pearl Harbor attack in 1:350 on the drawing board. The picture of it looks great. I want to get this one in the collection.

Additionally, this site also has a free Nuclear powered sub from the JMSDF.
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Bluenoser that looks better than a Halinski kit.

9. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

It certainly has less parts than a Halinski kit. The model is on 12 pages, but the parts are well spaced. The download has a real nice set of step-by-step instructions to follow.
  10. Gregory Shoda

Gregory Shoda Member

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering what the completed model would look like when built by someone other than the designer. It looks quite good for a free model. I have a pre-Pentium computer without a zip drive so I have not downloaded the model or even seen what it looked like on paper.

Good work.
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great build, Bluenoser!

Thanks for posting the photos, she came out very well. Have you considered sending some to the designer? I'm sure he would love to see how your build came out too.

12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I think your model is a perfect example of how paper beats plastic. I think it is superb.
  13. spirtos

spirtos Member

this is superb! ...I will be waiting for the carrier too
  14. barry

barry Active Member

Good looking model
  15. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

That's a very nice build Bluenoser! I'm planning to do some ships in the future and this looks like a great free-model way to get my feet wet (heh, heh). Thanks for sharing it!