Jelcz W640 JS (Orlik)

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by milhistory, Apr 23, 2006.

1. milhistory

milhistory Member

Here are some pictures of my completed Jelzc truck. It is an amazing model and, although it took many months to complete, was worth every cut and fold.

I soon hope to finish the paper model portion of my website, which will include more high resolution photos and details of the models.

Brad Arnold

Attached Files:

2. phlipmbirner

phlipmbirner Member

Nice job Brad! You have inspired me to keep working on my Jelcz.

You are correct in saying that it is an exercise in patience but when you see the results you keep on going. Its a great model.

3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Great job Brad, this is not a criticizm, if the model had some weathering appropriate for a dump truck, this would look like the real thing! It looks pretty real as it is and the work is fantastic, thanks for showing us this.
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Fresh off the showroom floor or assembly line

I am ok with a spotless truck

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job!

Thanks for sharing Brad. You did a swell job!

I am glad you shared as I had bought this model off of E-bay and have been quite curious how the finished product would look, as the cover photo is a colorless build.
    I had placed this model at the bottom of the "to build" stack, due to the bright colors and no pics of a colored build. I also had really only purchased the model because of the attention to detail that is incorporated into it.
    Once I recieved it I wondered, "How could a dump truck look good with these bright colors?"
    Now that I see what it looks like, it may not be next but it definately moved up towards the top a few notches.
  6. milhistory

milhistory Member

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I considered weathering the truck, but after seeing Bernie's mud-covered machine, I knew I could not do it justice.

I too thought the colors were a bit bright when I flipped through the book. The yellow, though, comes out well on the completed model. Please note that I spray painted the bed a different color from the original.

I especially like all of the options and advanced features of the model. The tilt cab mechanism is just plain cool. It's neat to pull the cab down and see the entire engine. Also, the interior is very detailed. It even has sunshades and door handles.

Finally, my small picture posts do not give the size of the truck justice. At 1:25 it is a substantial model.