Jeep Sas Desert Rats 1944

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mauther, Jul 1, 2008.

1. mauther

mauther Active Member

2. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

Stunning workmanship and amazing detail.

And this model was free?
  3. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi, AbysmalPea
    Yes, this is afree model by a france guy called DARTH VADOR. Look for LE FORUM EN PAPIER on google. It`s a france papercraft site. Look at Nos maquettes à télécharger. You will find it and other there.Good luck!
  4. redhorse

redhorse Member

I'm really impressed, you did a great job!
  5. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

Very nice job. You said it was a free model? Could you post the link. Thanks.
  6. mauther

mauther Active Member

7. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi mauther,
    also a delightful work that!
    Thank you for sharing and for the link!

8. spitfire31

spitfire31 New Member

Beautiful, dedicated work!

I downloaded the kit and... well, it's difficult to imagine it's the same kit that you based your model on. I think that everyone who downloads the pdf and compares it to your work will realize, as I did, that you've only used that kit as a skeleton on which to lavish your talent.

Impressive and inspiring!

9. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi, spitfire31

Yes, is the same model, all the pieces are made in paper and card, I just paint a dry brush with acrilic ( brown, yellow and red ) and then sealed with white glue based in water and did some scratch with card . All the elements of the pictures are in the PDF kit. Thanks for your words and excuse my English cause I`m from Brazil and here we speak Portuguese and your beautifull language is a "misterio" to me.
  10. spitfire31

spitfire31 New Member

Hi Mauther,

You're much too modest – there's no problem with your English! In fact, I'm Swedish and I had the pleasure of visiting Porto Allegre for a couple of weeks on a job some years ago. One of these days, I hope to see more of Brazil...

11. doctormax

doctormax Member

That looks good, and you say you just done a little bit of painting and used pva glue to get the look. I am impressed really after looking at the files it looks like you spent a while adding some colour to it. Well done and I would say the designer would be happy to see what you done with it too.
  12. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi, doctormax

I did tree layers of PVA glue to take that look of plastic. The paper stay too hard, like plastic or wood, very resistent. And the dry brush make miracles.
    Thanks for your words.
  13. doctormax

doctormax Member

your welcome, I think a few of the other model makers use pva glue to coat the models when assembled. Stops they print or painting fading as well as makes them sturdy. I discovered this when doing acrylic paintings years ago. gives acrylics more a look of been oil paintings.
  14. mauther

mauther Active Member

That`s right, I paint this model with acrilic (ACRILEX, a brazillian brand). I did two hands of flesh tint (326), then more two of a mix of cadmium red (312), raw sienna (336) and a bit more flesh tint and the same part of water, to stay more fluid. Then i did the three hands of PVA glue to "fortificar- stronger" the jeep. Thanks for words again.