jbaakko's, Spring 07 scratchbuilt challenge

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by jbaakko, Apr 7, 2007.

1. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

that is one cool tower! when will we see some pics of it on the layout?--josh
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW Josh!!!! That is an AMAZING looking Tower!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

FANTASIC JOB!!! It looks AWESOME :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's impressive .... And no, I'm not done yet, but when I am I hope mine turns out even a fraction of how good yours did. Great job.:thumb: :thumb:
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Great work Josh...!! That's an awesome structure, alright...Just one thing bugs me....Why different colors from the prototype..?? I mean...it's the spittin' image of the real thing...!!! Don't mean to criticize (sp??), it really is great...!! Just wonderin... :???:
  5. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

2 years, or so? When I get a house to build in, lol. I know, I'm weird!

Actually... The tower IS blue again. At some time around the late 80's early 90's Santa Fe painted it all gray, albeit 2 tone, somewhere in the Late 90's early 00's BNSF (when replacing the Santa Fe text with the BNSF logo) repainted it back to blue. Its blue now, though I'm not completely sure if the Swoosh is there yet.

Oh as a side note, I model always modern, so this guy, along with everything else will chance with time.
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Ah, Eddie, a fellow BNSF fan & modeler (just as nuts, if not more then me with BNSF locomotives) posted this pic for me...
    Just hope he doesn't mind me using it... I'll remove it if he disproves.
  7. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

That tower is absolutely awesome :thumb::thumb:. It will be a real eye catcher on your layout.
  8. zachary

zachary Member

hey sweet looking tower i love it
  9. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I've still got some minor finishing work I hope to get in before the end of the month, we'll see.