Jay's Viper mk.II ?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by theanalogkid, Dec 10, 2007.

1. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

don't know if these will help or not, but....

Attached Files:

3. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

Thanks Doc, that was prompt. That is exacly what I wanted, should help my build no end. Did you enjoy the build? Have you built anything else of his?
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive built a lot of jays models. i enjoy every one i build of his. some models arent as accuarate or detailed as i would sometimes like. but jay has a nack for making simple but very good looking models.
  5. Paladin

Paladin Member

If you check his website, you'll see pix from a few people which he posts on the visitors card models page. I posted mine there as well, including my viper MkII & MkVII models. I actually modified the MkVII to make it more accurate to the shows models.
  6. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Can you please provide a laundry-list of what you changed on the template to make it look more accurate?

i.e. length of nose, or height of dosal fin, whatever.

I'm somewhat impressed with Jay's Mk.II. At first I thought "nah, this doesn't look right" but the second I got the engine cover on, it all came together perfectly. Seems to come out to about 1/48th scale or so, but for some reason I was thinking it was done in 1/72nd scale when I downloaded it a while ago. Many thanks, Jay!
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

paragon has a sheet of updated parts to add detail. try pm ing him.
  8. Paladin

Paladin Member

I primarily modified the fuselage behind the cockpit, and the engines. I have seen a picture of Paragons, and I think he did about the same thing I did. His looks very similar to mine. Although I can't really tell how he did his engines.
    I would check with him if you want modifications, if he has a template, that would be easier. I did mine over a year and a half ago, and I'd have to work on another to get a template of what I did.

Come to think of it, I was thinking about doing another and adding even more detail including cockpit detail, (which I believe Paragon has already done). I'll let you know if I come up with anything.